Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,058,293 times

Advertisements

Next time the 15yr old sees someone at the house, call the police. In my opinion, the landlord is not looking after the safety of the current tenants. Just because the landlord is running a business does not mean they should stop being decent human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM

6,828 posts, read 11,560,093 times
I agree the window peepers might have thought the unit vacant, especially if there's no toys, plants, garden stuff etc. outside to indicate occupancy.

Keep blinds shut until the sign is gone. Put a note on your door "this unit is occupied. contact landlord for showings" or similar.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 7,764 times
It is rare a landlord does not start looking for a new renter once a notice is given, to minimize his loss of rent, if these visitor are you friends they know you are moving.

I see Million Dollar house with For Sale signs in their yard, it happens all the time.

Eventually everyone moves, and I am sure you have been looking at homes to rent also,

I have no idea why you are moving, so now both you and your LL are looking...

Live with it, that's life...

Keep the curtains closed an no one will be looking in the windows, and don't you do it to someone else either..

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,248,829 times
It's probably in the lease saying that once you gave notice that he has the right to place the sign and to show the house as long as he lets you know 24 hours ahead of time that he will be showing it.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 4,872 times
hi the house I am renting has problems with mold and that and the landlord was notified about it with verbal about 8 months ago now,he came up about 3 weeks ago to sign a paper for his income tax, after I did I said about the mold and that again and he said he didn't think it was as bad as it was,i also have a 3 month old son, but after I told him about the mold and showed him and he went through the house looking without asking, he went out and stuck up a for rent sign with no notice from him or me so I just wants to know is that right and where I never gave him notice about moving or leaving and he never do I have to pay him rent when its due cause I don't think its right thanks

Old 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbin33 View Post
hi the house I am renting has problems with mold and that and the landlord was notified about it with verbal about 8 months ago now,he came up about 3 weeks ago to sign a paper for his income tax, after I did I said about the mold and that again and he said he didn't think it was as bad as it was,i also have a 3 month old son, but after I told him about the mold and showed him and he went through the house looking without asking, he went out and stuck up a for rent sign with no notice from him or me so I just wants to know is that right and where I never gave him notice about moving or leaving and he never do I have to pay him rent when its due cause I don't think its right thanks

Legally you always have to pay your rent and since you did not put anything in writing regarding the mold and have it delivered and signed for you have no proof you actually TOLD HIM about the mold, it is your word against his. Why did you as a renter have to sign a paper for his income taxes? I've been a renter for years and have never done that.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Legally you always have to pay your rent and since you did not put anything in writing regarding the mold and have it delivered and signed for you have no proof you actually TOLD HIM about the mold, it is your word against his. Why did you as a renter have to sign a paper for his income taxes? I've been a renter for years and have never done that.
well that's what he said and he had the paper done up to the end of may this year

Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
well that's what he said and he had the paper done up to the end of may this year
so I still have to pay it even though I have no lease signed between me and him

Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,040,448 times
Quote:
so I still have to pay it even though I have no lease signed between me and him

yes, you have to pay your rent. if you dont', he will evict you and that will make your life a bit difficult.

you do have a lease..it's a month to month and all he has to give you is a 30 day notice to vacate and all you have to give him is a 30 day notice to vacate. read you state's landlord/tenant laws, but do not stop paying your rent.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:

Did you actually read the paper he gave you to sign and get a copy of it before you signed it? It is possible he had you sign a piece of paper stating that you would not sue him because he has not taken care of the mold in your home or you could have signed a piece of paper that you verify there is NO MOLD in the home or a myriad of other things.

I currently rent and my Landlord did not ask me to sign any sort of paper that has to do with THEIR taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting