Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 PM

3 posts, read 14,970 times

Advertisements

I am currently renting from a property management called delgado property management I live in a complex building that has about several four plex units and I pay straight rent no section 8 I stay upstairs from my neighbors I moved here 10 /19/2012 . I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and I live with to children boys 21 months old and 5 years of age about a month in of living here I did not have my car but everyone is assigned to the parking space the same as your unit number and when I brought my car home my neighbors husband informed me that I could not park they because that's his wife parking and she'll be home soon I then told him that I thought the unit you live in is the park you take so I said my peace an moved to another parking area , about a week later the owner knocks on my door asking who car it was and I informed him of the situation he then told me to move to the other parking area because another tenant was moving in and that he would take care of the parking situation which never got handled I am still in another parking area . Other problems start to come I did not see anyone but a head light on my car has been broken out I am on a fixed income so I couldn't pay for it to be fixed and I am still driving with one head light , after christmas someone broke a christmas light where I park my car and put the glass directly under my tires about a few day later someone took my christmas tree from the garbage area and put it in a corner drive way so I guess it doesn't get carried away with the garbage but lucky for me they saw it and took it . I called comcast cable to come and put in cable which they did but it wasn't put in correctly so someone else was sent out and as the cable man was working to fix my problem he saw that my downstairs neighbor had been stealing cable for quite sometime so he discontinued there cable and fixed my cable as he was leaving my home the neighbors ask why he cut there cable he told them if they wanted cable set an appointment and someone would come out to put it in the husband was very upset and would not let the cable man get to his van then a male cousin also walked up on the cable guy I was happy the man finally made it in his van an was able to lock the doors about a few moments after he left the husband cut my cable line I walk outside and saw him coming from that way an I ask if they had did it the wife said he cut our so ask him meaning the cable guy so I went in the house walked back outside a few moments later to make sure my car was okay and as I was walking back upstairs the cousin said out loud don't start nothing an it want be nothing so I called the landlord told her what had happened and all that was said she kept trying to tell me that my neighbors was all mouth an no play told me to hang in they're they won't be here for long and that they would not come up my stair case if they mess with me to call the police , a few days later the cousin manage to clime the roof top in front above where you park the cars my guess he was trying to look in my home he did it a few more time after the cousin made me feel quite uncomfortable in my own apartment the walls are so thin you can here everything from both units the smell of the smoke it smell like they were smoking everything under the sun inside and outside I do not smoke and the rental statement states you can not smoke or have any outstanding bills. People come in and out of there home all times of the night and day I here the loud knocking like its my door um I had my mom and my sisters kid over for the holiday and the kids were playing after hour because of the new year and I heard someone walk out of the downstairs unit and shortly after you hear shooting in the air my kids hit the floor I did to after grabbing the baby and it happened a few days later the same way I never reported it because if you don't see the person then there is little to nothing you can do and now about a month and a half later I actually saw the wife go in my mailbox and take a letter then close the top lid my mother had told me its been going on for some time because we stop receiving mail unless we actually wait for the mail man at the door there are locks on the mailboxes but my mailbox was so beat up at the top slot where you drop the mail in that someone could easily take out mail you could also pick up my whole mailbox and shake the mail out so me calling my owner now is like talking to her voicemail which I get now I was upset when I left a message I did state I wanted to move because of what's been going on and hung up , the husband came up to my door an hour after me calling my landlord and he told me his cousin filed taxes and used my unit number on accident I said is that why you guys been checking my mailbox he was stuck for a second and said sorry for that and I told him if I see it I would give it to them and he went back downstairs . I really don't have the money to move at all I am a very clean person I just need to know what to do ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Suggestion: paragraph breaks

Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,713,435 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

LoL, this one got moved out of CA fast.

Have fun down here in Renting guys!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,435,988 times
Put everything in writing to your LL from here on out regarding any issues you have.

Call the police if they do something illegal. If you're concerned with this escalating things then you'll have to live with things as they are.

If your mail keeps being stolen, if you want another solution, rent a PO Box.

And my head hurts from reading that...

Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
If your mail has been stolen, call the police. It is a federal crime to even open someone else's mailbox, without taking anything. I only read 1/2 of the issues and the last 2 lines. In order to make it easier for people to read, end a sentence with a period. Begin a new sentence with a capital. And paragraph break after every incidence - keeping like issues together. Where to park the car is one thing;

cable guy is another;

mail is still one other thing.

We're not trying to play grammar police with you, it's just extremely difficult on the eyes to read one long sentence that never ends and there's no breaks.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times
Document EVERY thing & Call the Police. I get the feeling the LL is Not going to do a thing. BTW Move as soon as you can! Try also to get a Statement in Writting about the Cable Guy then it be more than your word against them. Did the Cable guy even report the stealing ot harrasment? Get a report... hopefully a Police Report.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
I only read your title, trying to read your post will give me a bloody headache.

If someone is stealing your mail, you need to call the Post Office and the Police. Both will make reports and the landlord will be required to follow up on the situation.

It sounds like you live in the ghetto or a low income area..those kind of neighbors come with those kinds of neighborhoods. I didn't see mention of a baby daddy (ies) anywhere....get daddy to fork up some dough so you can move your family to a nice area.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I only read your title, trying to read your post will give me a bloody headache.

If someone is stealing your mail, you need to call the Post Office and the Police. Both will make reports and the landlord will be required to follow up on the situation.

It sounds like you live in the ghetto or a low income area..those kind of neighbors come with those kinds of neighborhoods. I didn't see mention of a baby daddy (ies) anywhere....get daddy to fork up some dough so you can move your family to a nice area.
REALLY! WOW Tell this to my Neighbor! This is an Upper Middle class Apt complex.
Kim your always Quick to blame the Poor...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM

32,635 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Sorry, but I literally could not read it. So, my only suggestion is to ask again with some punctuation and paragraph breaks.

You might try renting a postal box to deal with the stolen mail issue mentioned in the title.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
REALLY! WOW Tell this to my Neighbor! This is an Upper Middle class Apt complex.
Kim your always Quick to blame the Poor...

it has nothing to do with being poor, but everything to do with being poor and trashy. Two different things.

You can't afford upper middle class without your section 8, so what does that say about you? You're poor.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 02-24-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting