Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM

32 posts, read 68,129 times

Advertisements

"We have no proof, no photos", In addition before you vacated the property, you should have had the property manager there with you to sign off on a checkout form, that way you could have proof of the condition of the property. If that could not be scheduled, taking photos was your best recourse.

I would just let it go and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,290 times
Litlove: I will be on top of this for the next milleninum. I have myriad of free time, and perseverance is my first name.

This company is going to be blasted among all my hundred of friends, every newspaper I can get to, every social media in the universe, including INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES. I am going to expose this company, which I am yet holding out the full name because someone is trying to get the money for me. They are based in Clermont, Florida.

I sent them three letters with all this information.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,290 times
It is not so much the money, as it is the action of this company. If I can prevent three families from renting from booking agents who use them, I will fell very good about it. Because if they did it to me, you can be certain they are doing it to others, who may not be as fortunate as I am.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,430,075 times
If you had just used a fraction of this energy to protect your interests, or used a service allowing payment via credit card that gave you recourse, then none of this would be necessary. Had you gone online and looked up how to open the vacuum, you could have figured it out in under 2 minutes. You could have sent an email, fax, or letter documenting all your issues. You could have insisted the issues be remedied in a few days, or you would move into a hotel. Etc. And trying to damage the unrelated business of other short term home rentals in the same location, as you have tried to do in at least one other thread is ridiculous.

And really, you losing a 10% deposit on a luxury vacation rental that you didn't properly maintain by most common definitions is not worth your "vengeance". I have a modest income and have spent more than that in a small unit for thorough weekly cleaning. With a longer rental, you can arrange to pay to have it cleaned once a week, or every few weeks as well. If you go into court claiming the things you have in this thread, a judge will not be kind. My 21 year old son knew enough that his first priority had to be getting a vacuum (or alternative) to keep his carpet in his bedroom clean, the weekend he moved in and discovered there wasn't one.

I have a French bulldog. She's never had an accident in my home, and she's a very low maintenance dog in terms of creating additional mess, but, the reality is all the walks I take her on tracks in additional dust. In the winter, I literally dry her four paws everytime we come in the house, and if I didn't my carpet would have be destroyed in short order.

Use your obviously abundant free time volunteering helping people that have legitimate problems. These posts come off as you not accepting of the errors you made, which were numerous, and feeling entitled to better treatment because of the type of people you are. And frankly, those that announce themselves as "church going folks" are more often than not, some of the shadiest, greediest, business people I have come across in my lifetime.

Last edited by Litlove71; 03-22-2013 at 08:00 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,944,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
If you had just used a fraction of this energy to protect your interests, or used a service allowing payment via credit card that gave you recourse, then none of this would be necessary. Had you gone online and looked up how to open the vacuum, you could have figured it out in under 2 minutes. You could have sent an email, fax, or letter documenting all your issues. You could have insisted the issues be remedied in a few days, or you would move into a hotel. Etc. And trying to damage the unrelated business of other short term home rentals in the same location, as you have tried to do in at least one other thread is ridiculous.

And really, you losing a 10% deposit on a luxury vacation rental that you didn't properly maintain by most common definitions is not worth your "vengeance". I have a modest income and have spent more than that in a small unit for thorough weekly cleaning. With a longer rental, you can arrange to pay to have it cleaned once a week, or every few weeks as well. If you go into court claiming the things you have in this thread, a judge will not be kind. My 21 year old son knew enough that his first priority had to be getting a vacuum (or alternative) to keep his carpet in his bedroom clean, the weekend he moved in and discovered there wasn't one.

I have a French bulldog. She's never had an accident in my home, and she's a very low maintenance dog in terms of creating additional mess, but, the reality is all the walks I take her on tracks in additional dust. In the winter, I literally dry her four paws everytime we come in the house, and if I didn't my carpet would have be destroyed in short order.

Use your obviously abundant free time volunteering helping people that have legitimate problems. These posts come off as you not accepting of the errors you made, which were numerous, and feeling entitled to better treatment because of the type of people you are. And frankly, those that announce themselves as "church going folks" are more often than not, some of the shadiest, greediest, business people I have come across in my lifetime.

whooooop...there it is!! She's not going to like what you said, but oh, well....it's the truth!!

Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,501,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post

Well said. My very first tenants described themselves as good, "church going folk" all the way to court for their eviction case.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,944,054 times
wow..those are nice words coming from someone who calls herself a Christian. Remember, the only way the Unsaved know the Saved, is by their fruits..and your fruits are well, lets just say... undesirable. Maybe you should think about that for a bit...I hope this isn't how you minister to others and I hope this isn't the way you spread the Good News.

Romans 12:19 might be something you should read. And you should be asking God to forgive you for you unGodly and unChristian like behavior and words.

PS: Litlove71 I told you she wasn't going to like what you said and she's exactly like so many fair weather Christians I know...all holy rolly on Sunday, but dining with the Devil himself on Monday. No, thank you.. my Jesus and I don't play that way.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 PM

28,110 posts, read 63,531,084 times
Thread closed... discussuon is no longer topic related

Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 PM

28,110 posts, read 63,531,084 times
Thread closed... discussion is no longer topic related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.