U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,606 posts, read 52,979,020 times

Advertisements

a providing the tenant with a copy of the results if they asked for it?

I was approved earlier today and plan to provide a security deposit next week so I was wondering do u think the landlord would provide a copy of the results that helped me get approved? I plan to ask on Monday and just would like to see how my credit check looks now after 13 years. I mean people find out why they are not approved so why can't they find out why they are approved?

would anyone on here have a issue with that request from a tenant?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 01:12 AM

25,605 posts, read 33,686,129 times
My contract with the credit company states that I can not show a copy to anyone outside my own staff. I can not give a copy to the applicant.

If the applicant fails because of the credit report, I give them a letter and that letter can be used to get a free copy of their credit report from the company.

Also, OP, there are places where you can go on line and get a copy of your own credit report for free.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
My contract with the credit company states that I can not show a copy to anyone outside my own staff. I can not give a copy to the applicant.

If the applicant fails because of the credit report, I give them a letter and that letter can be used to get a free copy of their credit report from the company.

Also, OP, there are places where you can go on line and get a copy of your own credit report for free.

Just would be nice to know sometimes why you are approved. I remember feeling the same way when I was approved for a Amex credit card and never knew why I was approved.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

I tried creditkarma.com but was unsuccessful

Old 03-30-2013, 05:16 AM

9,692 posts, read 21,488,922 times
All that matters is that you were approved.

If you want to know your credit history/status, get your own credit report. Your credit report will help you understand why you were approved or not approved. You can ask them if they have a min credit score, but they aren't going to go into details as to why you weren't approved.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
All that matters is that you were approved.

If you want to know your credit history/status, get your own credit report. Your credit report will help you understand why you were approved or not approved. You can ask them if they have a min credit score, but they aren't going to go into details as to why you weren't approved.

I don't think it's no way for me to see my credit report without paying for it since I already looked at the annual free one in September.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 AM

2,091 posts, read 6,707,989 times
I'm curious as to how you were "unsuccessful" with creditkarma.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 AM

The credit report received by the screener is no different then one you view yourself on your own. It is up to the landlord to decide if there is anything on it that would disqualify you in their eyes. Being approved by one landlord does not mean you would be approved by another, we all have our own standards.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
I'm curious as to how you were "unsuccessful" with creditkarma.

When I put all my information in i received a message saying they could provide a credit score because my credit history is too thin and then gave me a option to apply for some more credit cards so I can build up my credit

Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Thats about what you would hear from a car dealer too. You actually have to use credit to get a credit rating. Your screener would see your accounts and paid off status but most likely doesn't pull a score either, they are just happy you don't have outstanding debts of any large amount and that you've paid off or are paying off the ones you have.

A financial advisor would probably tell you to get another credit card and use and pay it off monthly to build your credit rating. Without having a credit rating its harder to get a loan for a car or anything else without a co-signer.

I did run into a few of these "no credit score" applications when last I screened potential tenants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or