Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times

Advertisements

I don't get the comment from the LL about you being relieved the tree will take several months to rot. What is that supposed to mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Landlord is responsible not renter

Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Landlord is responsible not renter
There seems to be no dispute about that.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
DCA | Georgia Landlord Tenant Handbook

Look on the repair section page 46. You can use a repair and deduct clause. Lots of good information on how to handle a landlord who is a moron.
You should make sure any correspondence between you and the LL is done in writing for repairs.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM

258 posts, read 604,127 times
Just wanted to give everyone an update. Today marks 3 weeks and still he is beating around the bush. A tree service did come out to do an estimate about a week and a half ago. (They gave the info directly to the LL and didn't disclose to me since the LL made the arrangements)

He has been claiming for the past two weeks that the insurance company is dragging their feet to get back to him. His insurance is USAA, which as some of you know is at the cream of the crop when it comes to customer service. He sends me an email every few days saying "they are still working on it"/

The tree is starting to accumulate some major mud and the slope next to it is now very slick. (In fact my dog came in the house about an hour ago limping. I'm fairly sure she was down there messing around by the base and slipped into the hole. We are taking her to the vet in the morning, as she doesn't seem to be in too much pain. We have closed off the dog door because the tree is too dangerous at this point)

I sent him one more email tonight. (Probably 10th or so) I spoke with my neighbors and they filed a complaint with the City of Atlanta because they were tired of looking at it. At what point to I change my actions here and what should those actions be? Frankly this guy is a nightmare, and the stories about him treating former tenants like crap are starting to make sense. I'm sure this house is in violation of numerous codes on top of all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting