Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post

My favorite story is when a tenant left me a message and said he was going to jail but didn't know when. I phoned him back and asked him what on earth he had done. "I just shot Linda (gf). It was an accident and she drove herself to the hospital and I couldn't go with her because I was too drunk...."
OMG! I think you just officially won the best story lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 PM

639 posts, read 1,963,775 times
Quote:
One of my (3 unit) buildings is a bit like a reality TV show. I get calls from the upstairs tenant who works shifts, about the downstairs tenant starting his motorbike too early in the morning (7 am lol). Or the downstairs tenant phones to tell me she's getting nasty text messages from the one next door, and so-and-so stole her son's new video game and showed it to her as if it were HERS... and oh, "she doesn't buy her kids shoes so I had to give her MY kids shoes" and "that one downstairs, when she sits on her front porch and smokes, we can smell it upstairs and I'm worried for my baby's health."

My favorite story is when a tenant left me a message and said he was going to jail but didn't know when. I phoned him back and asked him what on earth he had done. "I just shot Linda (gf). It was an accident and she drove herself to the hospital and I couldn't go with her because I was too drunk...."
Oh come on. Tell the rest of it, now I'm dying to know. Was Linda okay? Did he go to jail? I second that you win the prize for best story in the renting forum.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:28 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times
Yeah, what happened?? Just got to say I'm not a LL nor a renter, but I love reading this forum!!

Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM

218 posts, read 775,309 times
That's HILARIOUS!!! "I just shot Linda..." OMG!

Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,165,661 times
Well as it turned out, it was a BB gun. They were both quite drunk, apparently, and she got shot in the side of the face and who knows where else... she drove herself to the hospital and called the police on the way. My tenant got arrested, and spent a few nights in jail and then she told the police she didn't want him charged after all but they said it didn't matter, he was being charged anyway. So on went this huge battle between her (legal aid) lawyer and the DA's office.

Linda survived the shooting, and he ended up being put on probation. His health wasn't good to begin with, and both of them were on the slower side of average. He was my craziest tenant and sadly passed away last year.

I remember one time, he wanted to see my house so I showed it to him on Google streeview, which he found fascinating. A few months after that, I picked up a series of hilarious voice mail messages from him. He was painting the fence and I was to "look on the computer." Eventually I figured out what he meant. He thought if I checked on the "computer," I would actually SEE him painting the fence.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Well as it turned out, it was a BB gun. They were both quite drunk, apparently, and she got shot in the side of the face and who knows where else... she drove herself to the hospital and called the police on the way. My tenant got arrested, and spent a few nights in jail and then she told the police she didn't want him charged after all but they said it didn't matter, he was being charged anyway. So on went this huge battle between her (legal aid) lawyer and the DA's office.

Linda survived the shooting, and he ended up being put on probation. His health wasn't good to begin with, and both of them were on the slower side of average. He was my craziest tenant and sadly passed away last year.

I remember one time, he wanted to see my house so I showed it to him on Google streeview, which he found fascinating. A few months after that, I picked up a series of hilarious voice mail messages from him. He was painting the fence and I was to "look on the computer." Eventually I figured out what he meant. He thought if I checked on the "computer," I would actually SEE him painting the fence.
You win TWICE!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:

Did Linda get arrested for drunk driving herself to the hospital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting