Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:58 PM

165 posts, read 739,697 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm looking for the best website with best result providing tenant background and credit check.
where you have the best experience with? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 PM

542 posts, read 1,548,933 times
Just fyi, in case you missed it, I answered your original thread in the inland empire CA forum.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:32 PM

Thank you. I got it. Should you have a membership with AOA ($79 for one year) to be able do a background/credit check?

Last edited by thxbest; 09-26-2013 at 01:46 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM

542 posts, read 1,548,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbest View Post
Thank you. I got it. Should you have a membership with AOA ($79 for one year) to be able do a background/credit check?
Yes I believe you have to be a member to use them for the check. But their magazine info is worth the membership alone.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:58 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I use Kroll Factual Data, but they don't actually do a tenant screening. They do the credit report, the criminal background, and prior addresses. I call prior landlords and verify income. I also go down to the county courthouse and do a check to see if the applicant ever had an eviction filed against them that wasn't completed.

In order to get a membership with a company that will give you a complete credit report, you will have to have your office inspected and comply with their security measures. You will also have to prove that you have a legitimate reason to see credit reports, and I very much suspect that the company will also draw a credit report and criminal background on you before they will allow you to get signed up for their services.

Strangers off the street are not allowed to check credit of anyone they please, just willy nilly. The credit reporting companies are very strict.

There are companies that will do the screening and just give the landlord a yes or no. I've been called by a couple of them doing screening on my prior tenants and I was not impressed by their lack of thoroughness.

I do my own screening and make up my own mind and that way I know it has been done right.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I use Kroll Factual Data, but they don't actually do a tenant screening. They do the credit report, the criminal background, and prior addresses. I call prior landlords and verify income. I also go down to the county courthouse and do a check to see if the applicant ever had an eviction filed against them that wasn't completed.

In order to get a membership with a company that will give you a complete credit report, you will have to have your office inspected and comply with their security measures. You will also have to prove that you have a legitimate reason to see credit reports, and I very much suspect that the company will also draw a credit report and criminal background on you before they will allow you to get signed up for their services.

Strangers off the street are not allowed to check credit of anyone they please, just willy nilly. The credit reporting companies are very strict.

There are companies that will do the screening and just give the landlord a yes or no. I've been called by a couple of them doing screening on my prior tenants and I was not impressed by their lack of thoroughness.

I do my own screening and make up my own mind and that way I know it has been done right.
I also prefer to do my own screening.

The most important things to me regarding screening tenant are:

1-Their Ability to Afford the Rent Payment.

2-Their Willingness to Pay on Time.

3-The Long-Term Outlook for Their Job Stability.

4-Their Cleanliness and House Keeping Skills.

5-Their Aversion to Crime, Drugs, and Other Illegal Activities.

6-The “Stress Quotient” – How Much Stress Will They Cause a Landlord.

For that reason I'm looking for a good affordable online service where I can get the most information what I mentioned above.

What do you suggest which online services do the best by affordable price?

Old 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 28,194 times
I use MyRental.com. They are very thorough and professional.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:54 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
I thought this looked interesting:

Run A Tenant Credit Check For $0 - Experian Screening Services

I used this service, but my boss did pay for a membership:

https://www.cbacredit.com/

They did send an inspector to check out where I kept files, etc., but they didn't run a check on me.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
The last one I did using Tenant Screening and Tenant Credit Check | Instant Credit, Criminal, Evictions Premium Screening $29.45

I was happy with the results. It seemed very thorough and turned up some problems I had not expected.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 18,530 times
If you want a quality background check report of any kind, it`s best practice to use some decent online background check company ,which will give you a comprehensive reports for all data you need.
For example, you want hire someone, or you have a new date, you have a new tenant, you receive a calls from unknown phone number ,or receive unknown e-mails,etc.....

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 04-26-2014 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: New Poster Links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting