Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Is this the one? Bad Tenants List, Bad Tenant, Tenants Registry

Good resource!
I attempted to register and got nowhere. It would seem to be Canada only??? Like the idea though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 09:04 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I attempted to register and got nowhere. It would seem to be Canada only??? Like the idea though
You have to switch to the US part of it...try again, if I can do it so can you

Old 10-05-2013, 10:17 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You have to switch to the US part of it...try again, if I can do it so can you
I filled the whole thing out, and it was for US. I submitted the form and it wouldn't go, I had to fill in the region, and it would only allow Canadian Providences. Not a lot of Canadian Providences in the US...
Right next to the region blank was listed United States?? I would think by listing US it would show states rather than Providences, but I couldn't change it.
I was unable to go further... Might try again tomorrow, but it was quite frustrating...

Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
Interesting I had never heard of that bad tenant site. Do they have one for landlords too?
I am surprised there are not issues with that site though because what happens if a LL puts a tenant on there but there was false statements?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Interesting I had never heard of that bad tenant site. Do they have one for landlords too?
I am surprised there are not issues with that site though because what happens if a LL puts a tenant on there but there was false statements?
I assume they can sue for slender...but if the tenant has a record and the LL has proof than it is not slender but the truth!

We will absolutely not put anybody on there that is not considered a bad tenant and fr us a bd tenant is one who is not paying the rent, breaking the lease, eviction, lying after having moved in and putting more people illegally at the property and/or having different breeds of pets than disclosed and if this results in issues (Pit bulls for example) tenants who leave overnight (also lease break of course), tenants who leave the property in distress.

For all of these items above we have proof and for sure will put them on any bad tenant list we can find.

Usually people will report bad LL to the County for code violations, etc. and/or companies to the BBB or other review websites.

We had one of our owners report us for some BS to the BBB but after we showed proof the BBB refused to take this LL complaint. After all it all comes down to proof and we submitted this owners emails to defendent ourselves which was enough.

In our case bad owners usually are the ones who have a hard time getting good tenant after they had a huge issue with a previous bad tenant and owners like that want to sign a management agreement only to try to get rid of us once they find out the new tenants are good tenants and then owners like that think by giving us a hard time and blamin us for things that aren't there or small repairs they don't want to pay for, that the can get rid of us and by doing so save money and have a quality tenant. That was also the case with this owner.
We had to repair an "eye" for a garage door opener and called with his written permission a licensed garage door company. It was fixed and another item needed to be replaced and the total was $ 240.- for 2 "eyes" and service call, and some rollers. The owner claimed nothing was done and he had video images of nothing being done while we had before and after pictures of the different device that was now in place. Of course rollers are hard to take a picture off. We had an official invoice and company who was willing to talk to the owner but the owner refused and wanted us to eat the bill.

Of course we never got to see the video that can't exist since how can a neighbor across the street have on his video a new set of "eyes" in someone elses garage and it was bluff.

The tenants are on the owners side from day one since they are the worst tenants to have and we warned this owner not to rent to them due to the rap sheet on their background check but with a little higher security deposit and last month rent the owner wanted them since he didn't want any down time. They really are a match in heaven...owner and tenants and a disaster to happen sooner than later. Owner also committed homestead fraud which already has ended since we submitted signed proof by owner when asked for by the property appraiser of the date we listed it on the MLS and it was listed as vacant in 2012 so the owners claim that he occupied it on January 2013 was a lie.

Two more month and our agreement is over and we just didn't want to give into a bad owner, but after that we are more than happy to have this "professional tenant" take the owner to the dryers since he deserves it. He went to our corporate office to complain and run against a wall since we had proof and even in writing he was asking "what we will do for him to make him happy"...per phone he stated he wants money from us, but on paper he doesn't want to explain it further but the rest of his email is clear of what he wants.

Making false claims on the internet is something one has to think twice about since a slender case can cost more then the short period of fun to lie and making someone look bad!

Even on Face Book and other websites people have to be careful to slender others, because it can come back and karma can be a B....!

Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I filled the whole thing out, and it was for US. I submitted the form and it wouldn't go, I had to fill in the region, and it would only allow Canadian Providences. Not a lot of Canadian Providences in the US...
Right next to the region blank was listed United States?? I would think by listing US it would show states rather than Providences, but I couldn't change it.
I was unable to go further... Might try again tomorrow, but it was quite frustrating...
I had the same thing happen ones but after 2 attemps and being annoyed I didn't give up but closed the browser and started completely over and that worked.

It is worth it and aside from running background checks for all tenants something which at the time this tenant rented from me, I didn't did since I was kind of new to rentals but have learned a lot later, it is worth to have their names out there since like our office we check the internet and input names.

Even though I'm not against guns and we rent to people who disclosed they have a gun permit (we never ask) I run into one person who name came up on many websites and in every picture he was showing off with guns, many different ones and we didn't go further with him...litteraly every party (many party pics.!) and not just him but also others were showing off.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I did not mean you would be dishonest about a tenant because you seem very fair but not all are like that. I wonder how many LL look on these bad tenants site? I have never heard of it. I also have never thought to look on the BB for poor landlord or property management.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I did not mean you would be dishonest about a tenant because you seem very fair but not all are like that. I wonder how many LL look on these bad tenants site? I have never heard of it. I also have never thought to look on the BB for poor landlord or property management.
Don't worry I didn't take it personal.

You don't have to access these website to find the names of the people ...just type in the name of the tenant applying for the rental and put the word "rental" or "bad tenant" or "eviction" and usually we enter all of these words combined with the name and we can directly see if someone in the past had posted something.

We are dealing in our area with a bad real estate company handling a lot of rentals and one of our former tenants came back to us for a rental but we couldn't help them to what they were looking for but found something suitable and they applied and later were denied due to the fact someone else applied at the same time and was accepted. Since we had called ahead to ask if there were other candidates and we told there were non, we knew they were scammed and when I went online to check about this company I found over 100 complaints on multiple websites....I did write a negative review under our company name and also posted it on Craigslist and the owner contacted me and promised to give the money back and asked for the review to be taken down....the owner gave the money back a week later but i never took my review down since the owner wasn't willing to change his policy of taking more than one application at the time which is not something we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting