Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times

Advertisements

I agree about the dry wall mounts. I've had horrible luck trying to use those things and they ended up making a big hole and they were about impossible to remove without making an even bigger hole. Fortunately, I learned this in my own condo...and I sold it "as is"

Since then, I use long screws and make sure they go into a stud, for my heavy pieces - and most of mine are heavy - like mirrors, etc.

If this LL is a jerk regarding returning security deposits, you will likely be suing him anyway. Why not go ahead and enjoy your artwork now?

In CA, a LL has to give you the ability to fix anything yourself and get your full deposit back.

You can check your state laws here:

Security Deposit Law Guide 50 States | Landlord.com

I would go ahead and hang everything. But, I also don't mind going to court. I'm just thinking, you're likely to go to court with this guy anyway, so you might as well put up your artwork and add that to the list of deposit deductions you will be suing him for in 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I agree about the dry wall mounts. I've had horrible luck trying to use those things and they ended up making a big hole and they were about impossible to remove without making an even bigger hole. Fortunately, I learned this in my own condo...and I sold it "as is"
As eevee188 pointed out, "They are great for people who can follow instructions."

Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
As eevee188 pointed out, "They are great for people who can follow instructions."
I've been away from the forum for a couple of days. Funny thing, everyone has been nice to me...in the real world.

Was referring to the drywall anchors as opposed to your beloved command hangers. But, hey, I'm sure it made you feel good to snipe at me.....yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting