Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,463 times

Advertisements

I live in a very nice 2-bedroom town home apartment, and although I work nights, I am not bothered by the children playing outside nor the adults quietly enjoying themselves outside. That was until 5 months ago. I moved in 6 months ago and my neighbor from hades moved in a month later.

I previously moved because of a neighbor who stomped and jumped and ran as hard as he could day and night. The management said that there was nothing that they could do because there was a child in the apartment. This was no child making that noise. Periodically there would be a loud bang to my ceiling that sounded like a television being dropped. My suspicion was later confirmed when I saw a broken TV by the dumpster and I was moving.

I have had the chance to meet and speak with the female and her 3 year old a week after they moved in. She was very soft spoken and her daughter was loud and fussy. I mentioned to her that the walls are extremely thin and that she had the option of going on a month to month lease. I believe this is when matters took a turn for the worse. She must have misunderstood my intention of just informing her. When I moved before, I had no idea. I thought that it was only something that was offered when you first moved in, not after having lived there.

Every once in a while, I'd hear the 3 year old running and then one week after our encounter, the sperm donor (the head monkey) came home and started wreaking havoc day and night by running and jumping and stomping and pounding empty industrial size water bottles against the floor. Let me stop here and give you a better picture of my apartment.

The female monkey told me that they have a 3-bedroom town home. Our apartments are side by side and each is made of all wood. Wood walls and floors door frames and certain ceilings. Our stairs that lead to the top floor is all wood. It is at this staircase that the head monkey stalks me. He rapidly runs up and down the stairs as fast and as hard as he can. He inches along the wall to listen to my conversations or to try to locate me. The walls are extra, extra thin. Because they have more room, they can elect to go to the other side of their apartment and shut me off completely. But, for me, adjacent to the stairs is my wall that connects to my neighbor on the opposite site.

We have a common floor as well. I sit across from the staircase at my computer facing the opposite wall and the head monkey and will jump and stomp and bang that water jug. The female monkey does this in the morning when I get home in the morning. She is joined later when her kid monkey awakes. then the kid joins in what has now become their routine. Between 12pm-2pm is nap time and on the weekends, the head monkey joins in taking a nap. On a work day he gets home about 4:30pm and it's on until 9:00-9:30pm, non-stop. Within this time frame is about a half hour of quiet from all of them and I take it to be feeding time.

This is about the time that the female monkey retires to the other side of the house, leaving the head monkey and his young monkey to stomp and jump and run as hard as they can to annoy me. He even has the young monkey now repeatedly calling my name and making like she is crying, as if I am disturbing her.

When I go upstairs to go to be, he scurries up the stairs to listen to which bedroom I go into. We have a slightly connecting wall and they continue or he definitely continues by himself. Since the floors are made of wood, you can feel the vibrations very good. I can feel the vibration all the way to the other side of the room downstairs. When they are upstairs and I am downstairs, it sounds as if they are in my bedroom jumping and running. The head monkey and the female monkey are quiet all throughout when they have their monkey time. But, the young monkey is loud, loud, loud and both parents encourage her to yell at the top of her lungs.

I live next to a family of beasts who are training their off-spring to behave as the monkeys do in the wild. Human beings teach their loved ones. Beasts train their off-spring.

I am not going anywhere! I am eager for the management to rent the place out beneath them (they ran the other tenant below them off), and then they can evict the monkeys. The beast have already been given two warning letters.

Right now the young beast is hollering upstairs and the head (brainless) beast is stomping around downstairs where I am currently at. I have someone living underneath me and I am quite sure that he hears some of this noise. He probably thinks that it is me, though.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. But, believe you me, I do have a plan. In time it will unfold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrudde View Post
But, believe you me, I do have a plan. In time it will unfold.
No doubt, zoo-keeper. Since you've not posed any question, maybe you should reposition this on either the Writing forum or the Pet forum.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
You know what, I found your referral to people being monkeys so offensive, that I quit reading your post. Also, telling your neighbor they could get a month-to-month would have irritated me, too. I can only guess that the rest of your post would have irritated me further. So, I quit reading.

Normally at this point, I would say good luck to you. But, I don't think I even want to do that. I am running away from this toxic post.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrudde View Post
I mentioned to her that the walls are extremely thin and that she had the option of going on a month to month lease.
No way do I believe this comment was just "informative." You knew good and well what you were trying to do passive-aggressively.

You need to watch yourself or you're gonna get arrested.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,760,668 times
Oh sweet Jesus.... My head hurts after reading this. Ugh, I'm going to just, lay down now.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 PM

35 posts, read 86,119 times
I think you are the one with issues, not them...

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 AM

912 posts, read 5,260,722 times
I'm going to go on a limb, and assume that OP is referring to a black family; which makes OP is racist piece of garbage in my book.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
The user-name she chose, "Gertrudde" was nowhere near strong enough but an interesting choice in a rather Freudian way.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 AM

155 posts, read 556,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You know what, I found your referral to people being monkeys so offensive, that I quit reading your post. Also, telling your neighbor they could get a month-to-month would have irritated me, too. I can only guess that the rest of your post would have irritated me further. So, I quit reading.

Normally at this point, I would say good luck to you. But, I don't think I even want to do that. I am running away from this toxic post.
I was confused when she mentioned as female monkey and scroll down to read the other comments and know that she mentioned the other tenants as monkey.

Its good that I got confused and read the full story. )

Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 PM

113 posts, read 136,726 times
This has to be a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting