Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,158 times

Advertisements

I didnt really understand the OP's situation. But I also had problems with people parking in front of my house. I also had more parking space than I needed. But it costs me a fortune to live here & aint nobody parking here for free.

I would write NO PARKING with chalk on their car. Just make sure to not scratch it. But it will annoy & sting them so they wont be back.

Or put a no parking & cars will be towed sign. Or if you have the gall, scratch his window or put nails on the ground.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
This will sound awful - but - I have lived in an area with new construction and nails and screws left around completely destroy your tires. Perhaps after a few flats from parking on your side he will be discouraged.
This!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
How bad do you want to keep him from parking there? Google "highway jacks" or a simple bag of nails will suffice.
How exactly do the nails need to be positioned. Is scattering okay or what? Or actual planting which may not be legal?

If the space is legally yours do you have the right to use nails or is that illegal? Are highway jacks legal?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 AM

279 posts, read 544,296 times
If he really was stalking you, he doesn't need to park his car in front of your house to do it. He could always just walk over and look in your window any time. I don't think he is stalking you. I think you are stalking him.

I am single and live alone. And I talked to my neighbor for half an hour yesterday when we both went to our mailboxes at the same time.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,030,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Jenkay, FYI, there is an edit option. Or did you intend to spam the thread?
Nope, I hit the back button to edit. Was doin' it on my phone. My bad.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Nope, I hit the back button to edit. Was doin' it on my phone. My bad.
There was no need for the poster who made the comment to make a production out of it. You can simply notify the moderator of a duplicate/triplicate posting so the repeats can be removed.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:20 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,194,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Why is it so difficult for you to understand that you don't own the street in front of your home?

You can't dictate who can and cannot park in front of your home. This guys isn't stalking you and I can't believe that was even mentioned...judas priest, the guy is parking his car, not staring into your windows and going all ga-ga over you

Go ahead and call the police and tell them that your neighbor is parking on the street in front of your house and you want to report him for stalking.....once they stop laughing at you they will point out the same things everyone else here already has.

The only irrational one here is YOU and well maybe Snow for claiming he's stalking you and advising you to call the police to 'claim' he's bothering you. He's not bothering you...he's parking his car in a legal spot. Trust me, if you call the cops and waste their time and continue to harass this neighbor you'll be one finding yourself in hot water..not him.

PS: after reading the above post I really think you think too highly of yourself...this guy doesn't want you...he wants to park his car. Let it go already.
Well said!

Old 04-01-2014, 11:25 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,194,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I didnt really understand the OP's situation. But I also had problems with people parking in front of my house. I also had more parking space than I needed. But it costs me a fortune to live here & aint nobody parking here for free.

I would write NO PARKING with chalk on their car. Just make sure to not scratch it. But it will annoy & sting them so they wont be back.

Or put a no parking & cars will be towed sign. Or if you have the gall, scratch his window or put nails on the ground.
What part of "you don't own the street" don't you understand? It doesn't matter how much it costs you to live somewhere, if it's legal to park on the street in front of your house, then anybody can park there. If you attempt to have a car towed illegally or to vandalize it, don't whine if you get thrown in the pokey despite all your alleged money.

Deal with it just like the OP.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
How exactly do the nails need to be positioned. Is scattering okay or what? Or actual planting which may not be legal?

If the space is legally yours do you have the right to use nails or is that illegal? Are highway jacks legal?
Why do you think I said "HOW BAD" do you want to keep him from parking in front your house? my statement was indicating, that you do this at your own risk. A bag of nails could have have fallen off of that roofing truck ... Now do you understand?

Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I believe she's been told that over and over and over. Oh, well..you can't fix stupid.
If I told you over and over you are wrong, would that make it true?

Would that then make you stupid? For disagreeing with the mob?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.