Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,508,116 times

Advertisements

great, thanks! it's nice to know that if I ever do get a car, I can park wherever I want and if anyone complains, I can just tell them to **** (and maybe they'll be one of you!). and that I can call the police on people for leaving their garbage cans out. hope y'all got yers in!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
blah blah blah
yeah, that's pretty similar.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,959,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
yeah, that's pretty similar.

Need a translator for what I posted? Here I shall save you the trouble this time.

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah, blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH, blah blah.

Now that my rant is over I feel a little better for getting it off my chest.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM

13,909 posts, read 39,097,416 times
In my State & Town No Lic means they wont reg a car to you. They don't reg car No Tags No insp No ins... IT gets towed You get HUGE fine for having junk!

No Lease sounds to me YOU live in an Illegal Rental! Bet IF you Say something to the Owner You get results as he wont want you to report him.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM

good, i'm glad.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,444,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post

No Lease sounds to me YOU live in an Illegal Rental!
Thousands of people rent without a lease in perfectly legal apartments. It's simply a month to month.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,825,353 times
Lol at him parking there solely so he can look in your window.

And your responses to him parking there?

Just move. It's probably easier than getting less dumb.

Last edited by L2DB; 03-26-2014 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: I'm not sure if it's worse that I spent time reading this thread or that it was so frustrating that I had to post in it.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,605,221 times
Have fun with this! Some ideas of things that could discourage parking but not damage his car:

Run water sprinklers there when the car is parked , even if you don't plant anything

Pour something on the street like a weak solution of kids fingerprint

Create official looking parking ticket forms and put one on his windshield every time, make to offenses things like: taking up more than one spot, parking too far from curb, anything you an create

Save all the fliers and door hangers you get and just place them on the hood of his car

On trash day, put your garbage cans in front of his car

Does he have an antenna? Tie things to the antenna! Balloons, streamers

Whatever you do, don't damage his car in any way....

....... Or write him a note and tell him it creeps you out

......maybe I would actually like someone parking there so it looks like someone is home

Old 03-26-2014, 09:28 AM

583 posts, read 775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I have this neighbor issue that's been bothering me for a while and I really need some advice.

Ok, so I live in a tiny duplex by myself. The neighbors to the left have a big house on the corner, with plenty of room in front of their own house to park. They have 2 cars; 1 is always parked in the driveway, and the other one either parks in the driveway too, or in the 3 feet of space to the right of their driveway, a couple feet over the property line into my space. The technicality is not the issue, it's that he always parks there, as close as possible to my house without actually parking in front of it, when they have the entire space in front of their house free and they NEVER park there. There is no legitimate reason why he "needs" to park there instead of in front of his own house. The only reason that I can think of, is so he can look in my window when he is coming and going. Besides the main issue that he should be parking in front of his own house in the first place, he comes and goes so frequently, and I am sick of hearing his car doors slam everytime he does, which are obviously loud because he parks so close to my house, which, if he parked further back in front of his own house like he should anyway, it wouldn't be as loud. And I also don't like him being able to look in my window every time he comes and goes. I keep my blinds closed all the time just so he can't see in every time he goes out to his car, so I can't even let the light in, and I keep the living room lights low so he can't see through the sheer curtains, which is pretty gloomy when it's cloudy. I have to practically run out of the house, so if he comes or goes right then he can't sit there and look at me. it probably sounds vain and paranoid, but he's a gross, fat troll that lives with his mom and his ugly girlfriend, and I'm a young, thin, single girl that lives by herself. I'm so sick of seeing his car out there everytime I look out the window, leave, or come home, and not being able to open the curtains, that I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack.

I don't drive, so I don't have anything to park there to keep him from parking there. I put the garbage can out there a few weeks ago, thinking that would prevent him from parking there, but he just parked right behind it. So I put it back there last night, when he wasn't there, this time further back, but he actually MOVED the garbage can, just so he could park there. And it was actually on my side of the property line, so he had no right to move it. So now I'm really pissed off, because he knows I'm sick of him parking there but he clearly is going to park there no matter what, because he's a jerk or a perv.

So what can I do to keep him from parking there? The obvious response would be "why don't you just talk to him?" but he clearly knows I don't like it and he doesn't care. I've lived there for years and never talked to them, I don't want to start now. Besides, if he doesn't realize that he should park in front of his own house already, talking isn't going to help. I wanted to get a junky car just to park there, but I don't have the money for that. So I looked for some type of cheap trailer to park there, but those are too expensive also. Is there anything else I can put in the street (legally) to keep him from parking there? My other neighbor had some big piles of dirt and gravel in the street in front of his house for weeks, but it's probably not legal to keep that there permanently, right?

I know this is long and probably sounds petty, so thanks for any advice.
First you sound paranoid. Why would you think other than parking between the two properties that he is trying to look into your windows???

Second, instead of talking with him you are willing to do stupid thing to try to get him to stop. You haven't even talked with the guy. You just made a bunch of sinister assumptions.

Third, It only a few feet into your property and it's on a public street.

The problem is you and your assumptions, not your neighbor. If you talked with your neighbors once and a while you would have this problem.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:44 AM

893 posts, read 880,893 times
Meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting