Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 AM

4 posts, read 5,516 times

Advertisements

Tenants were served 3 day quit notice in CA for committing a felony crime in the apartment as well as having heroin for sale So why send a fake HUD employee, to try to scare me into signing a settlement..... so he'd get very nice payday? That's all i can think of. HUD does not make house calls on Sunday evenings. Their boss sure isn't at work at 8pm on Sunday too. Phone numbers aren't even in area codes of HUD offices. Nail inserted in coffin, CHECK! Wow, way 2 go. Some people amaze me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
If you're absolutely sure that the worker wasn't legitimate you should file a police report.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:28 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
I would have told them I needed to verify the visit and demand to see driver's license and other documents. then I would have photocopied them and told the person I would be checking them out with the authorities...... that would get them nervous! I would follow thru and file a police report, too, if they were not who they said they were.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 AM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Who knows....there may be a Federal statue about impersonating a Federal official with intent to defraud.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Who knows....there may be a Federal statue about impersonating a Federal official with intent to defraud.
Of course there is, which is why she should (if she's absolutely certain) notify the police department.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:37 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,010,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidgirl View Post
Tenants were served 3 day quit notice in CA for committing a felony crime in the apartment as well as having heroin for sale So why send a fake HUD employee, to try to scare me into signing a settlement..... so he'd get very nice payday? That's all i can think of. HUD does not make house calls on Sunday evenings. Their boss sure isn't at work at 8pm on Sunday too. Phone numbers aren't even in area codes of HUD offices. Nail inserted in coffin, CHECK! Wow, way 2 go. Some people amaze me.
Wow, thanks for registering just to pat yourself on the back. Without more details, I'm going to assume this is a work of fiction, or at the very least taken extremely out of context.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM

Notified officers of this as soon as i verified there were no people employed by HUD with those names or #. If they give me any papers that state HUD on them keep them and then turn them in. That it's what i was told. That's solid proof. If they come back with no ID or proof of who they claim to be i am to tell them to leave and if they refuse call the police and trespassing charges can be filed. If tenant actually shows and surrenders the apt and all like he agreed to, I'm fine, no chance of suit from him. We'll see what eventually unfolds. :-$

Old 04-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Wish it was fiction, but it's not. This is a headache, one i could have dealt without. I lurk here reading, finally felt i had something worth putting up. I have no congratulations for myself, this sucks. I just never thought a person would go that far. Just a lil crazy what people do.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the update, and good for you for being on the ball. Post an update as the wheels of justice slowly grind along!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 PM

Tenant had requested a walk thru today between 1-4pm. Never showed. Called the girl an told her, She said she'd call back with info. While waiting tenants brother comes with keys ready to surrender the apt, no request of walk thru. I a asked and he said his brother's out of town till tomorrow ????? He'll come by then for the walk thru and surrender. After that the girl called back but we had connection issues. I called from my house, doesn't pick up, voice mail says Jessica, not Michelle Briggs as she stated to me. Now she and the fake boss won't pick up or call back. Who knows, hopefully they've finished and realized I'm not severely stupid, just mildly. We'll see tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting