Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,795 times

Advertisements

HELP PLEASE I HAVE SPENT ALL MY LIFE SAVINGS FIGHTING TO KEEP MY HOME OF 27 YRS,I WORKED FOR AND RENTED A HOME FROM A MAN,WHO RECENTLY PASSED WITH NO NOTICE TO ME BUT A EVICTION LETTER.I WORKED IN EXCHANGE FOR MY R ENT ,MY HOME FLOODED AND THE OWNER MOVED ME TO OTHER HOME HE OWNED WHILE,I WAS TO FIX MY HOME AND HE WOULD PAY FOR MATERIALS,SOON AFTER STARTING,HIS SON CAME AND STOPPED WORK AND SAID I WAS NOT TO CALL OR CONTACT HIS FATHER,AND HE WOULD DO REPAIRS AND HE GAVE ME EVICTION LETTER,COURT CAME I WON AND COURT ORDER TO FIX HOME.THE SON STARTS REPAIRS AND THEN PASSES AWAY,I TRY TO CONTACT OWNER WITH NO LUCK ONLY TO HAVE DAUGHTER TELL ME NOT TO CALL OR CONTACT HER FATHER IN ANY WAY OR SHE'LL SUE ME.SHE THEN GIVES ME A EVICTION FROM BOTH HOMES,AND THE CITY BOARD OF HEALTH COMES AND FILES CHARGES FOR INHABITABILITY ON BOTH HOMES AND THEN DA PRESSES CHARGES,I GO TO COURT AND I AM TOLD I HAVE TO MOVE,ALL AT MY EXPENCE,EVEN THOUGH THE OWNER HAD LEFT ME THE HOME YEARS PRIOR IN TWO ITEMS ,A QUICK CLAIM DEED AND A DOCUMENT THAT HE OWNES THE PROPERTY UNTIL HE DIES THEN IT TRANSFERS TO ME ,BOTH DOCUMENTS ARE WITNESS BY 2 PEOPLE,BUT NOT NOTORIZED,LAWYER SAID I BELIEVE WAS THE SAME THING IN COURT,BUT THAT THE EVICTION COURT THE LAWYER SAID ,IS NOT THE COURT THAT WILL SEE THOSE PAPERS.NEXT I KNOW IM BEING TAKEN OUT OF MY HOME AND HAVE NO MONEY TO GOAND I LOSE THE EVICTION CASE.THE LAWYER LIGITIMIZED THE DEED BY SIGNATURE ANALYIST,AND WAS TRUE HIS SIGNATURE,BUT LAWYER WANTS 10000.00 FOR ME TO GO TO COURT.I DONT HAVE IT.THE OWNER OWNS ALL 14 HOUSES ON MY BLOCK AND DAUGHTER WELL FOUNDED HAS THE MONEY TO PAY A LAWYER.THEY LOCKED MY OUT BEFORE THE COURT ORDER SAID ,I HAVE THEM RECORDED SAYING THAT THEY ARE THREATING ME AND HARRASSING ME.THEY CAME ON THE PROPERTY AND TOOK MATERIALS OF MINE,THEY WERE ORDERED BY A COURT TO REPAIR MY HOME AND NOT TO RAISE RENT FOR 2 YEARS,THEY DID NOTHING,I AM DESPERATE AND NOW HOMELESS,THE CITY HAS JOINED ME IN A LAWSUIT AND MONTHI CAN PAY A LAWYER MONTHLY PAYMENTS ORFROM THE SETTLEMENT PENDING,CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Cool it with the caps lock. I really have no idea what you're asking for here. You don't seem to need legal advice. Are you asking for $10,000?

Old 08-01-2014, 03:23 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,886,156 times
Anyone ever read Don Quixote? That was a fantastic story as well.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
If this is a legit post, please contact your local legal aid office immediately. Tell them what you wrote here. Be ready to show them your documentation.

After that, contact your local social services to see if they can help you with housing right now. If they can't, get referrals to an agency that can.

OP, please hit "return" and make paragraphs when posting, and avoid all caps. That block of words was difficult to comprehend. You'll get more help if you can be as clear as possible.

[Something tells me that this isn't a troll post, just someone who can't type and is very upset.]

Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
If this is a legit post, please contact your local legal aid office immediately. Tell them what you wrote here. Be ready to show them your documentation.
Be ready to pay someone else to prepare documentation, cause wow.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,795 times
Well, for those who have been so rude,I am disabled and cannot type or see well. This is also the first time I thought to do this,thinking ,"there are educated knowledgeable people out there". I may have been wrong.I thank you bpeeps,Meemur for your time and input.I appreciate your time.As for asking for legal advise,what I posted my situation clearly,in hope of hearing from someone with legal knowledge of this tyoe of law.Its very sad to me that when you post sch as I ,you get rudeness for how you ask and such,thank you.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:24 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
Streise, I'm not sure that many lawyers read this forum, so I'm suggesting that you contact your local legal aid because they are inexpensive and they might be free for you if your income is low enough. They can tell you that if you phone them on Monday. They probably aren't open during the weekend.

LA Legal Aid (click on the link below this line (blue type) to access the web site)

http://www.lafla.org/service.php?sect=housing&sub=main

Do you also have a counselor at the city/county disability services or similar agency? That individual might also be able to help you with getting legal help and/or assistance moving if that becomes necessary. They may also be able to help you with housing. If you don't have a counselor already, consider checking with them, too. Again, their offices are likely closed during the weekend.

Disability Services:

http://www.losangeles.networkofcare.org/aging/

I'm sorry all of this is happening to you! Your best bet is to phone around to the different agencies when they open on Monday. If one can't help you, ask for additional suggestions.

Last edited by Meemur; 08-01-2014 at 08:35 PM..

Old 08-01-2014, 09:08 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,526 times
Never ever ask for legal advise from people on the internet. You know who to contact now so work on that.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streise View Post
Well, for those who have been so rude,I am disabled and cannot type or see well. This is also the first time I thought to do this,thinking ,"there are educated knowledgeable people out there". I may have been wrong.I thank you bpeeps,Meemur for your time and input.I appreciate your time.As for asking for legal advise,what I posted my situation clearly,in hope of hearing from someone with legal knowledge of this tyoe of law.Its very sad to me that when you post sch as I ,you get rudeness for how you ask and such,thank you.
People can be blunt on the internet, so don't take it too personally.

That being said, I've seen the "long never ending paragraph" before in posts and my eyes just cross when I try to read them. You will get more responses if you type your thoughts with paragraphs.

I did manage to skim through what you wrote though, and I wish you luck with your housing problem.
Someone suggested going to legal aid. I believe that's for lower income people.
Make sure you have all documentation with you to prove your case.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
As said, you need proper legal advice not opinions from people on a forum. You need to find a lawyer who will work on a contingency basis, or talk to the people at the City who you say have joined your lawsuit. Good luck in getting this mess sorted out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting