Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:36 PM

898 posts, read 937,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2DB View Post
I suspect if OP didn't have the attitude he's displayed in this thread that the company may have been more willing to work with him on the late fee. And if not, then it's the lesson that he needs to get a receipt, pay in person, or whatever.

OP, you're essentially treating whatever $ the late charge is as if it's the end of the world or like they slapped you in the face or pissed on your dog. You've devoted way more over-the-top mental anguish to this than it deserves. Accept what you've learned, stop trying to "fix" them, and move on.
Attitude? I've been more than patient explaining this situation to you people. I mean, it's a tad frustrating when you spend a decent amount explaining in the OP what happened, and everyone (due to their own bias) focuses in on one little thing or misconstrues another point in order to fit it in their biased opinion on the matter. But I have been very polite nonetheless. And as to how you pick up on my "attitude" over an Internet forum is beyond me. Someone on this thread even insulted my intelligence. But you're right, I'm the one here with "attitude". If I'm the one with the problem, then why does the apartment complex have 40 of 42 negative reviews on Apartment Ratings? Why does the complex have a negative local news story about leaving one of their residents living in sewage? But maybe you're on to something. Pin it on the guy with 10 years of perfect rental history. That sounds right.

If I don't agree with you, that does NOT equate to me having an attitude. That seems to be this forum's mantra though. You don't agree with me? You have an attitude problem!

You were not there Saturday, yesterday, or this morning. You did not see how I was treated in person. Therefore, you need to take a step back, give me the benefit of the doubt, and think about if you were in my shoes.

Last edited by 4DM1N; 08-05-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeig104 View Post
From now on write a check for the rent, hand deliver it, and ask for a dated receipt.
Yes, that will be happening in the future.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Default Another thing I should mention to shed some light on what I'm dealing with here

When I requested the location information for the owner of this property, the property manager would not give me that information. She did give me a phone number for somebody at the corporate office, but it's only gone to voicemail after several attempts and nobody has returned my phone calls.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeig104 View Post
From now on write a check for the rent, hand deliver it, and ask for a dated receipt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Yes, that will be happening in the future.
The above two posts are pretty much all this thread needed to be. Everything else is disagreement/whining about the situation.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 PM

PM me if you're still upset tomorrow. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume you got over it.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:12 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
The above two posts are pretty much all this thread needed to be. Everything else is disagreement/whining about the situation.
No, it's the OP patiently explaining the same thing over and over again to people who can't be bothered to read or can't comprehend the written word.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
What about the underlying issue that you seem to be completely disregarding? The reason I started the OP is because of how these people treated me yesterday and today. I wouldn't expect you to get it, because I can't do it justice by describing my experience over the past few days. I was shouted at, accused of doing things I didn't, and bullied into leaving the premises. If you think that's not out of line, then I'm glad that I don't do business with you.

I did get some solid advice. STT was there to offer some insightful input and so were a few others who made polite suggestions. It seems to me the rest of you were only interested in proving how I was at fault.

But this is pretty much how every one of these forum topics degenerate. So who am I to try to change the system you've built. If you don't agree with the topic, just tear down the OP until OP gets so frustrated that s/he leaves. Mission Accomplished!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Default This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, it's the OP patiently explaining the same thing over and over again to people who can't be bothered to read or can't comprehend the written word.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Sometimes you need someone else to put it more eloquently than you are able to.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
What about the underlying issue that you seem to be completely disregarding? The reason I started the OP is because of how these people treated me yesterday and today.
And what has anyone posted here that has changed how they've treated you or how you expect them to treat you going forward?

Some people are unprofessional. Some people are rude. Some things don't go the way you want them to. How you react to it is the greater lesson. From a practical standpoint, the reaction is pretty simple - hand deliver it and get a receipt. The mental reaction (cue Frozen soundtrack - Let it Go) seems to be where you're struggling, IMO.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
And what has anyone posted here that has changed how they've treated you or how you expect them to treat you going forward?

Some people are unprofessional. Some people are rude. Some things don't go the way you want them to. How you react to it is the greater lesson. From a practical standpoint, the reaction is pretty simple - hand deliver it and get a receipt. The mental reaction (cue Frozen soundtrack - Let it Go) seems to be where you're struggling, IMO.
I just wanted to know if I had any recourse regarding how I was treated. But some people jumped on the thread with their assumptions about me because of their own biases about landlords/renters in general. So I probably spent/wasted three pages worth of comments reiterating what I had already said in the OP to those who clearly didn't read it. That's the only reason why this thread is as long as it is now. If people would have just taken the time to read the OP and inquire about anything they weren't sure of (instead of assuming the worst of me), it probably would have been a brief two- or three-page thread. STT seemed to be able to do it, as well as a few others.

It doesn't really matter at this point. At least I know who I can count on in the future now to provide fair and insightful comments regarding any rental issues as a result of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting