Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times

Advertisements

My understanding too is that in Ohio, air conditioning (or lack of) is not deemed an "emergency".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 10:06 AM

911 posts, read 2,598,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Sorry, for some reason I thought you lived in Florida..

no biggie

Old 08-21-2014, 06:11 PM

well the guy just looked at the AC, he has to order parts and in his own words "early part of next week"

so i'll be without any kind of air cooling system and its only getting hotter all weekend. going up past 90 for the forseeable week.

could have been avoided if they had responded on tuesday.

i want to see what they have to say tomorrow......

Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
well the guy just looked at the AC, he has to order parts and in his own words "early part of next week"

so i'll be without any kind of air cooling system and its only getting hotter all weekend. going up past 90 for the forseeable week.

could have been avoided if they had responded on tuesday.

i want to see what they have to say tomorrow......
Pick yourself up a portable fan. If it's a window unit, see if the landlord has one around that could be put in temporarily. You may also to be able to rent a portable A/C unit for a few days at a reasonable price.

PS: Where are you in Toledo Ohio where the weather is going to be over 90 this coming week? Max projected temp for next week is 87 and mainly in the high 70s to low/mid 80s. Heck, where I live it's in the mid to high 80s every day year round and I don't have/need a/c, just have ceiling fans. As long as the air is circulating you'll be fine!

Last edited by STT Resident; 08-21-2014 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Pick yourself up a portable fan. If it's a window unit, see if the landlord has one around that could be put in temporarily. You may also to be able to rent a portable A/C unit for a few days at a reasonable price.

PS: Where are you in Toledo Ohio where the weather is going to be over 90 this coming week? Max projected temp for next week is 87 and mainly in the high 70s to low/mid 80s. Heck, where I live it's in the mid to high 80s every day year round and I don't have/need a/c, just have ceiling fans. As long as the air is circulating you'll be fine!

we live in a valley here. check out some local news stations. the forecasts are quite different that a national weather website.

add that with the fact i'm on the top floor of a building.

i have a fan. that only makes it worse. unbearable is a term i'd use loosely for when i went to my apartment last night at nearly midnight.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:10 PM

all done. apparently going straight to the top works better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting