Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 593 times

Advertisements

I've been dealing with a headache lately I signed a contract on 8/05/14 on a new trailer to rent and the company told me it would be ready for move in on 8/29 so in the mean time my brother and sis in law let me and my family love with them until then we'll we kept checking on the trailer and nothing was being done to it and then the move in date came and it wasn't ready at all to move into so we called them and they told us that it will be ready the week of September 8 we lucky were able to stay with my brother another month cuz their landlord. Now it's Friday and it's still not ready they told us now that something happened in the inside of the trailer and that there fixing it and it should now be ready next Saturday. Now what should I do in my case cuz I can't wait another month and have already paid my deposit and signed the contract. Any advice on all of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:01 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,562,940 times
Does your rental contract have a start/move-in date of 8/29? If it does then the company has essentially breached the contract and you can cancel it, have all your money returned and look for something else. On the other hand, I assume you really want this unit so my suggestion is that you sit down with whoever you signed the contract with and try to reach a fair compromise. Be calm and business-like and explain that this delay has caused you considerable hardship and necessitated you living with relatives, putting a burden of them which they're not able to deal with any longer (because their LL is getting annoyed?).

Tell them you think it would be fair if they paid for you to stay in a motel until the trailer is ready for occupancy - and see what they say.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,375,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Does your rental contract have a start/move-in date of 8/29? If it does then the company has essentially breached the contract and you can cancel it, have all your money returned and look for something else. On the other hand, I assume you really want this unit so my suggestion is that you sit down with whoever you signed the contract with and try to reach a fair compromise. Be calm and business-like and explain that this delay has caused you considerable hardship and necessitated you living with relatives, putting a burden of them which they're not able to deal with any longer (because their LL is getting annoyed?).

Tell them you think it would be fair if they paid for you to stay in a motel until the trailer is ready for occupancy - and see what they say.

This^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting