Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 PM

65 posts, read 128,540 times

Advertisements

Hello, first off I greatly appreciate any and all advice that you can provide. My girlfriend and I, both to be 18 in February will be moving after the summer. My girlfriend is pregnant right now with our first kid, and I am trying to find a good city that we can move to, that will have good rent rates for us. Of course we won't be making loads of money, because of our age and baby. I know we need something and that there must be a place out there.

Please offer any knowledge that you have.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 05:25 AM

22 posts, read 198,500 times
To offer advice on where to go would be hard to do, but for me there are 3 major things I look at 1) cost of living 2) crime index 3) employment rate.

As a mom too I would also say to try to live near family or friends that are able to help you out. You still can maintain your independence but there are times, especially with a new baby, that you do need people. Those times when you've been up all night with a child having an ear infection and you need someone to come over so you can get some rest, times when you have the flu and can't get out of bed and you just have to have some 7up, or your car breaks down and your child is waiting to be picked up at pre-school where they charge for every minute you are late, etc.

I could go on and on about the times that I don't know what I would have done without the help of my family/friends. So if I had the choice I would stay close until my baby was a older.

I wish you and your family the best!

Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanns6 View Post
Hello, first off I greatly appreciate any and all advice that you can provide. My girlfriend and I, both to be 18 in February will be moving after the summer. My girlfriend is pregnant right now with our first kid, and I am trying to find a good city that we can move to, that will have good rent rates for us. Of course we won't be making loads of money, because of our age and baby. I know we need something and that there must be a place out there.

Please offer any knowledge that you have.

Thank you
1: graduate from High school
2: live across the street from a set of your parents
3: enroll in higher ed or training or the service
4: For gosh sakes get married,
sorry but that is the black and white of it, good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting