Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,022 times

Advertisements

after signing another lease 2 weeks later out landlord decied to take most of the driveway and make a road going to another propery behide ours we always had the drive as part of the house now the tenent behind us my landlord and thier friends drive down this rord he has made down the middle of the driveway i have talked to her and she has said she has a right to get to the other property however she just did this they were able to use a differnt atea to enter but deciced to rent that area and that teneant didnt want anyone driving thright his area so one morning i come out to the mess of the road is this leagle should we not be commped for some of the rent for looseing most of the driveway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 11:04 AM

32,499 posts, read 47,468,261 times
If your lease specifically says that you get the driveway to park on with your house, you have an argument.

If your lease does not mention rights to the driveway, I think you are out of luck. The landlord does have the right to access his property behind your house, unless your lease specifically says that you get all the property with your house.

You might ask if you can get out of the lease because of the loss of the parking. There will be some sort of lease breaking fee.

You can go to whatever acts as the housing court in your area and see if they will help you. I'm suspecting not, but it never hurts to ask.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,731,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinys grandma View Post
after signing another lease 2 weeks later out landlord decied to take most of the driveway and make a road going to another propery behide ours we always had the drive as part of the house now the tenent behind us my landlord and thier friends drive down this rord he has made down the middle of the driveway i have talked to her and she has said she has a right to get to the other property however she just did this they were able to use a differnt atea to enter but deciced to rent that area and that teneant didnt want anyone driving thright his area so one morning i come out to the mess of the road is this leagle should we not be commped for some of the rent for looseing most of the driveway
Jesus Christ man! Punctuation! Please. Dear god I couldn't read that. Now my brain hurts. I've gone cross eyed

Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,876,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Jesus Christ man! Punctuation! Please. Dear god I couldn't read that. Now my brain hurts. I've gone cross eyed

The g in god should be capitalized considering you mentioned His son by His proper name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting