Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 11:01 AM

741 posts, read 590,394 times

Advertisements

This is the thread that keeps on giving! It just never ends with this woman. Fascinating and entertaining to be sure, but sad for any LL's out there who buy her sob story. And especially sad for her son--he's the innocent bystander caught in the middle of this whole sorry saga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:12 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,703,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairMindedLL View Post
This is the thread that keeps on giving! It just never ends with this woman. Fascinating and entertaining to be sure, but sad for any LL's out there who buy her sob story. And especially sad for her son--he's the innocent bystander caught in the middle of this whole sorry saga.
More like the thread that keeps on 'taking, gouging, manipulating, scamming and conning' if you look at it from her perspective.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:38 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Any update?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:31 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,092 times
She's been served a Notice to Quit and is doing her usual routine of threatening the landlord, the lawyer etc with promises of lawsuits, calls to the local Board of Health, Attorney General's office etc....accusing the LL of 'trying to make me homeless' and her typical litany of screeds and pleads....No updates for at least a week until the clock strikes noon.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Is the house winterized at all?

Old 12-07-2016, 01:33 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
She's been served a Notice to Quit and is doing her usual routine of threatening the landlord, the lawyer etc with promises of lawsuits, calls to the local Board of Health, Attorney General's office etc....accusing the LL of 'trying to make me homeless' and her typical litany of screeds and pleads....No updates for at least a week until the clock strikes noon.
Thank you for the update.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:41 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Massachusetts is not a big state. She has got to be running out of options.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:00 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
I have read through much (but not all) of this thread. First of all, to the OP: Sorry that you've been through such an ordeal. This situation is beyond horrible; this renter woman is a crazy, psycho beyotch. It's truly heinous that she has been able to get away with what she has for so long. She's an obvious entitled freeloader - always trying to get something for nothing. There should definitely be laws against someone being able to get away with what she has obviously done for so long - reprehensible.

I'm trying to get a picture of her in my mind: I see her as definitely somewhat attractive, but with a wild, unbalanced "look" in her eye. I know the type, since I've dated women like this - much to my eventual misfortune -

This thread has also made me abandon any fledgling ideas I've had over the years of wanting to be a part-time landlord; there's always the chance that you'll have a renter like this. No way could I handle the stress & hassle....

Old 12-08-2016, 11:11 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
She has to be able to turn on the charm and act normal and responsible, and least for short periods of time. Otherwise she couldn't fool so many landlords so quickly.

Even landlords who fly by their gut and don't screen are not going to take someone who is wild-eyed and obviously crazy. She's really good at fooling these part time landlords. I bet they start to screen after they are finally free of this one.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:37 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
She has to be able to turn on the charm and act normal and responsible, and least for short periods of time. Otherwise she couldn't fool so many landlords so quickly.

Even landlords who fly by their gut and don't screen are not going to take someone who is wild-eyed and obviously crazy. She's really good at fooling these part time landlords. I bet they start to screen after they are finally free of this one.
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Yes indeed. Last ticket in was a boyfriend with a 'problem' she had to flee. She got a guy to vouch for her that they were breaking up and that she'd been living with him for a few years, and her husband had died a few years before that. I bet she was convincing.

I also bought her story; she paints a nice picture, dresses professionally and drives a a European station wagon so at first glance, she 'fits in' with out little upscale burg. I did minimal backgrounding because in fact she really did look 'perfect'; I'd been conned in reality and had only myself to blame since the information is out there for free or a small fee. I certainly got schooled by this scheming beyatch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting