Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
..........How is telling the truth not 'owning her past'?
OK, lets just assume every word she says is absolute truth. I don't want a tenant who thinks it is OK to mouth off to a police officer to the point that the officer is provoked. I also don't want a tenant who thinks that mouthing off to the police is a really dandy excuse for having a drug felony on their record.

I don't need tenants who bring trouble down upon their own head by not knowing how to behave. I also do not need tenants who lose jobs or can't find jobs because they have felony records, no matter how they got that record. If they can't keep a job, how are they going to pay the rent?

So, she can't rent from me.

However, there are landlords who specialize in felons, bankrupts, and evictees. She'll have to pay high rent and a high deposit, and the house is not going to be wonderful. But there are places that she can rent in spite of her felony.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:12 AM

274 posts, read 427,298 times
I've always wondered about the "I was framed and the officer planted coke on me story". I mean....how many cops walk around with a bag of coke just in case someone pisses them off. I mean....it's not exactly something you want to have laying around.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:22 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
What does 'doing whatever she can' to overturn the felony consist of? DNA evidence does not help in a case like this, it's the police officers word vs. hers.

Being a convicted felon proves nothing in a system laden with corruption and fraud.
I rented to a convicted felon one time, on a sob story. I don't care if he was railroaded due to corruption, was innocent, didn't do it, whatever. It was a mistake I will not repeat.
The professional landlords here, who rent to people to make a living know their risks from experience, know how they have been messed with in the past, and are trying to help the OP.

But, you have the right to your convictions, pun intended. And, maybe it's time to pony up and honor your principles. Perhaps you should be as helpful as the other posters.
Since in your eyes she is innocent and not a risk as a tenant, put your money where your mouth is and rent the OP a nice place at a fair rate.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:24 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
OK, lets just assume every word she says is absolute truth. I don't want a tenant who thinks it is OK to mouth off to a police officer to the point that the officer is provoked. I also don't want a tenant who thinks that mouthing off to the police is a really dandy excuse for having a drug felony on their record.

I don't need tenants who bring trouble down upon their own head by not knowing how to behave. I also do not need tenants who lose jobs or can't find jobs because they have felony records, no matter how they got that record. If they can't keep a job, how are they going to pay the rent?

So, she can't rent from me.

However, there are landlords who specialize in felons, bankrupts, and evictees. She'll have to pay high rent and a high deposit, and the house is not going to be wonderful. But there are places that she can rent in spite of her felony.
In other words, it's her fault that she was victimized by a police officer.
You are blaming the victim of a heinous crime for what happened to her.

Question: would you also refuse to rent to victims of other heinous crimes, such as rape?
By your logic it is the victim's fault that they were abused, correct?

Old 11-28-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
No, I'm calling her a convicted a felon because that's what she is and this dead horse has been beaten enough.
....which is exactly the same thing as calling her a liar, just in a different way.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:48 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
It's considered bad form to call someone an internet troll but you, dysgenic, seem to fit the bill admirably and it's such a shame that you've apparently nothing better to do with your time but, well, troll.

Several posters have suggested that, in light of your impassioned defense of the OP, you offer her a place to live and yet you conveniently ignore them. Since you're obviously not a landlord, the very least you can surely do is PM her and offer your assistance in finding and securing her a suitable rental. This would be time well spent and a classic case of doing something constructive and helpful as opposed to hijacking a thread defending the swing of your moral compass.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
I don't agree. I buy it.
That is bek u don't know san Bruno jail amazing everybody there framed not one criminal there

Old 11-29-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's considered bad form to call someone an internet troll but you, dysgenic, seem to fit the bill admirably and it's such a shame that you've apparently nothing better to do with your time but, well, troll.

Several posters have suggested that, in light of your impassioned defense of the OP, you offer her a place to live and yet you conveniently ignore them. Since you're obviously not a landlord, the very least you can surely do is PM her and offer your assistance in finding and securing her a suitable rental. This would be time well spent and a classic case of doing something constructive and helpful as opposed to hijacking a thread defending the swing of your moral compass.
I am not a troll. Thank you.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
That is bek u don't know san Bruno jail amazing everybody there framed not one criminal there
I do know the criminal justice system in this country, which is corrupt beyond measure. I would venture to guess that 50% of all convicted felons are innocent.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:07 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
I am not a troll. Thank you.
No one believes this, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.