Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 03:16 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times

Advertisements

spiritbear, this thread is from 2014. The poster does not appear to have posted anything here beyond this thread.

Since you revived an old post, it looks like some people are responding to the original post, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 03:28 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritbear928 View Post
This is proof the world has no humanity anymore. I cant even get people to share success stories. I am seriously ready to give up. so the verdict is slumlords who rent to anyone no longer exist?
Maybe slumlords no longer exist because they have all gone broke from having to evict deadbeat people like your girlfriend. How are they supposed to pay for their homes when deadbeats dont pay their rent? Maybe they have just gotten tired of being beat up every time they rent to someone with priors or with low credit, and have decided not to rent anymore.

Reap what you sow.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:08 PM

303 posts, read 821,914 times
The judgemental lack of compassion here. I didnt sow anything. You dont know anythign about me or my GF. I hope you are wrong otherwise people with bad credit should just not exist. Seriously nobody has any thoughts except live in the car forever when I make mroe than the median. So since 2012 the world has changed to the point where its impossible to rent if you have ever made a mistake? Slumlords actually no longer exist in 2018? The world has changed that much and every slum lord on earth has gone broke in 6 years? Thats what I get the impression of here. Older posts sound like this too and I never had any problems renting. Not ever.

I been renting for 20 plus years and usually with a sub 500 score as I have tended to move when the crap really has hit the fan (like a layoff, not paying anythign but rent out of necessity and then moving for a new job. Those days are long gone and all my baddies are gone. I took a very stable job to make sure it never happens again. Just have some utilization problems and am around 660) I have been fixing my score since then and its better than it ever has been yet I have never been a day late on rent in 20 years even when the crap did hit the fan. You are horrible people

BTW she never screwed over a landlord. She just ended up unknowingly owing slightly more than her security deposit would cover . I am going to pay that. I just feel liek it wouldnt matter anyway. She nor I have ever had an eviction so I do not appreciate the personal attack on her. Some people arent born into wealth you know and when you move sometimes they do not notify but turn you over to collections for a few hundred dollars instead. landlords are perfect though I forgot

I really hoped some real people (not landlords) would respond with success stories. I wont last long in a car. Thats for sure and if this is true, why do we not here about people making 6 figures and living in cars anywhere except mayby SFO?

I hope you are all wrong

I still see no reason why I cant cosign for her as I am more than qualified for many class C rentals. She wont be paying rent. I got that.

I dont suppose if I paid off all my GFs debts any of you would even care. You are so perfect all of you.

I am also sick of this mentality that having financial problems is a character flaw. That is beyond offensive. People hit hard times. God forbid you ever do

Last edited by spiritbear928; 04-20-2018 at 05:28 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 05:09 PM

303 posts, read 821,914 times
You all are basically telling me to kill myself (not going to so dont worry or perhaps that too will make you sad as you probably think taht would make the world a better place. I will bounce back from this. )

Last edited by spiritbear928; 04-20-2018 at 05:35 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 08:32 PM

32,654 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
This is proof the world has no humanity anymore. I cant even get people to share success stories. I am seriously ready to give up. so the verdict is slumlords who rent to anyone no longer exist?
Hey. It's still a (relatively) free country. You are free to choose to live with a deadbeat girlfriend. I am free to refuse to rent to her.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
You all are basically telling me to kill myself (not going to so dont worry or perhaps that too will make you sad as you probably think taht would make the world a better place. I will bounce back from this. )
That’s a bit histrionic. What we’re saying is that don’t expect people to allow you to play with what is likely one of their largest assets, just because you feel entitled to it.

So. Quit being a pantywaist about the issue and solve it:

1. Buy something yourself. Nobody can tell you what to do then.

2. Get hooked into a few neighborhood’s Nextdoor or (ugh) Facebook groups. Start digging there for someone who is a private landlord and be straight up front with them about the issue. Just be prepared to tender a max allowable deposit.

3. Get off the internet and go find a realtor and offer them $500 if they can find someone that will take your situation.

Sitting around sobbing about it won’t do a damn thing. Man up.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,885 times
Spiritbear, have you considered buying yourself a cheap used camper and living in an RV park for a while? I don't know where in the "Pacific NW" you live/work, but if you can find something on the outskirts of a city, it'll cost you anywhere between $400-$800 a month for lot rent, plus electricity. Usually water, cable and Wi-Fi are included in the lot rent. Short of the extra-fancy RV parks, they usually don't care about your credit.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 PM

453 posts, read 410,740 times
Quote:
The judgemental lack of compassion here. I didnt sow anything. You dont know anythign about me or my GF. I hope you are wrong otherwise people with bad credit should just not exist. Seriously nobody has any thoughts except live in the car forever when I make mroe than the median. So since 2012 the world has changed to the point where its impossible to rent if you have ever made a mistake? Slumlords actually no longer exist in 2018? The world has changed that much and every slum lord on earth has gone broke in 6 years? Thats what I get the impression of here. Older posts sound like this too and I never had any problems renting. Not ever.

I been renting for 20 plus years and usually with a sub 500 score as I have tended to move when the crap really has hit the fan (like a layoff, not paying anythign but rent out of necessity and then moving for a new job. Those days are long gone and all my baddies are gone. I took a very stable job to make sure it never happens again. Just have some utilization problems and am around 660) I have been fixing my score since then and its better than it ever has been yet I have never been a day late on rent in 20 years even when the crap did hit the fan. You are horrible people

BTW she never screwed over a landlord. She just ended up unknowingly owing slightly more than her security deposit would cover . I am going to pay that. I just feel liek it wouldnt matter anyway. She nor I have ever had an eviction so I do not appreciate the personal attack on her. Some people arent born into wealth you know and when you move sometimes they do not notify but turn you over to collections for a few hundred dollars instead. landlords are perfect though I forgot

I really hoped some real people (not landlords) would respond with success stories. I wont last long in a car. Thats for sure and if this is true, why do we not here about people making 6 figures and living in cars anywhere except mayby SFO?

I hope you are all wrong

I still see no reason why I cant cosign for her as I am more than qualified for many class C rentals. She wont be paying rent. I got that.

I dont suppose if I paid off all my GFs debts any of you would even care. You are so perfect all of you.

I am also sick of this mentality that having financial problems is a character flaw. That is beyond offensive. People hit hard times. God forbid you ever do
There is a lot of holier than though posting on this forum, you nailed that for sure. Calling someone with bad credit a deadbeat is laugh out loud out of touch.

Anyway, is it possible you aren’t exploring all of your options, or pressing like to may need to in order to find a place? If you both don’t have evictions, it shouldn’t be that difficult to find a place, if you have the income you say you too. I really don’t think this needs to end with you living in your car.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
Is there any place in the country with a weak rental market? I guess I best find a job there. I havent tried yet but this forum is guaranteeing me failure. And OP, I say move your GF in just be prepared to move her out quick. The way these landlords are your only other hope may be in the car next to mine.
Wait. Reading your posts, you haven’t even tried renting anywhere with the both of you?

All this gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands and you haven’t even turned in a single application?

Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
When a void exists, the government needs to fill it. Based on what I see here, there is a void in the housing market for affordable housing as well as for those whom are not Rockefeller rich and Jesus Christ blameless. 70k a year and probably going to be homeless because my SO has some credit issues. I am not sure how I will survive that. Between us we make over 90k a year. If I ever become rich, I am starting a non profit PPM that specializes in good people who do not make the bureacracy. Over a 650 score, denied unless you have another issue. I am not talking about deadbeets. Just those like myself and the OP. Good people who pay their rent on time for 20 plus years caught in a bureacratic nightmare of policy and procedure. Humanity is dead. Nobody is anything but a number anymore. 70K a year and I am going to be living in my car most likely. I hope you all are wrong. If you are right, this world is beyond redemption
Why were you foolish enough to get financially mixed up with someone who has money/credit problems? Smart people NEVER combine finances with people they aren't married to. Don't blame "the world we live in" for that happening to you, because the choice was all yours whether or not you shacked up and played house with an SO with money problems.

Do yourself a favor and find a girlfriend whose income and level of fiscal responsibility is more in line with your own. And don't combine finances/bank accounts, etc or co-sign for living arrangements until AFTER you've married her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting