Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:21 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
As a private landlord, I run a business..not a charity. I can not afford to be forgiving nor can I afford to support a deadbeat tenant. I have my own mortgage to pay as well as taxes, insurance, all utilities and maintence.

Also, most private landlords now can check credit/backgrounds of potential tenant with a simple and free internet search AND, if your so "financially successful", why are you still rent from the evil landlords?
I'm getting ready to purchase the property that I rent right now. My evil deadbeat (a favorite word around these parts) LANDLORD defaulted on his mortgage, so it's going into foreclosure. Ah well, it benefits me.

I had a previous landlord who chastised me for paying my rent just before 5pm on the day it was due once. Want to know why? He said he had to write a check for his mortgage payment so that it wouldn't go 30 days, and I didn't get it to him in time for him to put in the bank before his check bounced. Ahh...so, I'm the bad one for paying my rent late in the day on the DAY my rent's due, but there's nothing wrong with you paying your mortgage 30 days late? My, my. I would have been out on my butt if I had paid my rent 30 days late, that I can assure you.

Since people like to toss around bad tenant experiences, I've got a few bad landlord experiences. Of course, these poor guys just fell on hard times, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45 View Post
............ paying the debt would simply be an "ethical" choice........
Bingo. It's ethics and we landlords see your girlfriend as someone with weak ethics, thinking it is clever to get away with stealing from a prior landlord.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
........ they aren't willing to give anyone a chance..............they are the same ones who will say "EVICT!" as soon as legally possible, such as 10 days after the rent is due.

Missing just one paycheck can be cause for an eviction, even if you're ill or injured or just lost your job, and they'll cry to the world that you're a deadbeat. ......................
First off, nobody "deserves a chance". Maybe some people get lucky and are given a second chance, but it is not because they are owed one.

I've had tenants get injured, ill, or lose their job. They call me and tell me that they have to move and I say, "OK, clean up really well so that I can give you your deposit back".

The majority of tenants who are injured, ill, or lose their jobs move out because they can't afford the rent any more. They don't wait for the landlord to take them to court and get a court order for the sheriff to remove them from the unit by force.

An eviction is a big deal. It's not the same thing as giving notice and moving out. It is not the same thing as a landlord giving you a notice to vacate. It is a legal court proceeding against a tenant who thinks that they have a right to stay right where they are without paying rent because they can't or don't want to pay rent but still think they have a right to stay in someone else's property for free because they "deserve a place to live".

Old 01-27-2015, 02:00 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I'm getting ready to purchase the property that I rent right now. My evil deadbeat (a favorite word around these parts) LANDLORD defaulted on his mortgage, so it's going into foreclosure. Ah well, it benefits me.

I had a previous landlord who chastised me for paying my rent just before 5pm on the day it was due once. Want to know why? He said he had to write a check for his mortgage payment so that it wouldn't go 30 days, and I didn't get it to him in time for him to put in the bank before his check bounced. Ahh...so, I'm the bad one for paying my rent late in the day on the DAY my rent's due, but there's nothing wrong with you paying your mortgage 30 days late? My, my. I would have been out on my butt if I had paid my rent 30 days late, that I can assure you.

Since people like to toss around bad tenant experiences, I've got a few bad landlord experiences. Of course, these poor guys just fell on hard times, right?
Looks like you have not had a landlord but a landlord what 2B if a person is not successful they are not landlords.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:40 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Looks like you have not had a landlord but a landlord what 2B if a person is not successful they are not landlords.
Anyone who rents out a property for money is a landlord, unfortunately.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,100 times
Wow, These land lords are A**holes. Most likely she was young and never had an legit address to get any paperwork. It's called 2nd Chance Opportunities.... People can change due to circumstances. Land lords let them rent or pay your own rent and have a vacant house just sitting there.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Jennifer View Post
Wow, These land lords are A**holes. Most likely she was young and never had an legit address to get any paperwork. It's called 2nd Chance Opportunities.... People can change due to circumstances. Land lords let them rent or pay your own rent and have a vacant house just sitting there.
You come here as a Newbie & don't even take time to get to know us & have the NERVE to call people A**holes?? REALLY You didn't even take time to check this thread is 7 Months Old!

Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Jennifer View Post
Wow, These land lords are A**holes. .....
I have an excellent suggestion for you Ms Jennifer. You plunk down your own quarter of a million dollars and you accept tenants who were evicted elsewhere. Come back later and let us know how well it is working for you.

Let me know when you are ready to rent to an evictee and I will send a couple of them your way. Even better, if you will rent to an evictee with a felony, because I see plenty of those and they deserve a nice home, too. I'll give them all your phone number and assure them that you are not an "A**hole".

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 PM

303 posts, read 821,762 times
Are all landlords this bad? I am going to be in a similar situation (though no eviction, she has judgements, absymal credit, and not great rental history (mostly lates). Her situation will be completely different when I am with her as she has access to resources (me) that were not there. I hope I will be able to find a private landlord that is not like the landlords I see in this place. You people make me worry about having a common name even. Yikes Id buy a house if I could.

I have never had trouble renting. Even when I had a 420 credit score. I hate the new world we live in

Why the heck cant a lease simply state the occupant has no right to stay if the original signor leaves? Seems simple to me

Old 01-16-2018, 01:16 PM

303 posts, read 821,762 times
I also keep hearing about these myriads of no credit check places out there but I never see them. How does a normal person find them other than craigslist? CL is mostly a cesspool of scams and companies these days? Used to be the newspaper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting