Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 AM

544 posts, read 1,238,432 times

Advertisements

i'm not sure what to do.. recently moved into a two family building. Top floor.. have called the cops three times already.. three incidence reports. one cop said he'd gladly testify on my behalf if i take them to court.

a couple w/ a two and three year old.. shrieking, screaming, running, pounding, thumping all day literally from about 10 am to 2 am... last night until 2 am.. the cops came observed and gave me an incidence report.. before the cops, i spoke w/ the landlord who spoke w/ the mother.. the mother basically said " tough".. all i hear from the parents is screaming to the children and that's IF they actually reprimand these kids for this inside. They are home all day.. one parent stays home...

The ll has repeately called and explained about the complaints.. she will not re-new their lease next year..

she gave me the option of another one of her properties.. not sure if she will be paying for moving as i just moved into this property last month... taking them to court, she will pay the atty fees she said or stay until their lease is up next Spring, but she's heard the amount of excessive noise and she really agrees no tenant should have to put up w/ this. I have numerous video recordings and the amount of noise is insane. They are under me and my floor shakes and vibrates from all the noise down there... It's beyond excessive... each recording i've sent to the ll and w/ times.. last night someone was still running down there at 2 am.. these kids do not sleep.. Saturday night they refused to open the door for the police after a few minutes of knocking and then pounding... when they did open up they had such attitudes... the cop told them "it's midnight , why are these kids still up.. there are other tenants in the building, you guys need to be considerate"... They basically do not give a **** at all. If you checked my prior post, they were the one's turning off the hallway lights during the night where my child and i couldn't see coming in or leaving in the mornings.

The ll has been trying to reach them since the weekend because of the police reports. They are not returning her calls or voice mails.. she says she needs to get in to assess if any damage has been done to her property... they changed the locks w/out her approval and have not given her a spare..

i'm not sure if i should go ahead and take the other propety the ll is offering.. she has several or wait it out and see what the court outcome is? are the video recordings admissable in court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 08:58 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
i

i'm not sure if i should go ahead and take the other propety the ll is offering.. she has several or wait it out and see what the court outcome is? are the video recordings admissable in court?
You can certainly take a look at the other property - why not? It may be even nicer all around than what you have now even discounting the disruptive neighbors. Otherwise wait and see what happens after the holiday. Obviously your landlords are being very responsive so I wouldn't be jumping way ahead to any anticipation of court.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
Landlord gave you an option to move, you should take it.

If they're section 8 tennants, you don't want them as neighbors.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Go and look at the apartment offered. No, your landlord is not going to pay any of your moving expenses.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:52 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
Leave it or LIKE it!

Old 04-06-2015, 11:11 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post

This is an assumption. Not all Section 8 tenants are bad.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You can certainly take a look at the other property - why not? It may be even nicer all around than what you have now even discounting the disruptive neighbors. Otherwise wait and see what happens after the holiday. Obviously your landlords are being very responsive so I wouldn't be jumping way ahead to any anticipation of court.

The other property IS nicer, she told me so and i googled it..better area also.. She's the best ll i've ever had.. every text responded to , every call.. i told her i'd be willing to take a look

Old 04-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post

You know.. i try not to go on that assumtion every time i move and every time i end up moving because of these kind of neighbors, well....

Old 04-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Go and look at the apartment offered. No, your landlord is not going to pay any of your moving expenses.
why not? her tenant is forcing us to move.. i just moved to this property not even a full month.. i'll request it, but this is an inconvenience to me

Old 04-06-2015, 02:17 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
The other property IS nicer, she told me so and i googled it..better area also.. She's the best ll i've ever had.. every text responded to , every call.. i told her i'd be willing to take a look

CALL 3 MEN AND A TRUCK AND GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE!
Let your ll take care of them - it's her problem....
Call her and let her know you're moving...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting