Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 AM

31 posts, read 27,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
A landlord that wants the rent on time does not make him/her a "slumlord". I suspect the landlord will appeal the court decision and the tenant will end up evicted.

Are you kidding me??.. He is NOT going to appeal the damn decision.. I Swear some people, misery loves company.. Must be another disgruntled, bitter landlord. He's the one that reported I paid. It was dismissed by PLAINTIFFS reques not the Commissionert! Please get up out of my topic with all of the negative crap.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:34 AM

31 posts, read 27,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Always glad to see a slumlord get taken down with the ship! HAHAHAHAHAHA
That he is. I don't care how many people come in here taking up for him. There is no reason why he cannot communicate better with his tenants. All he does is collect money & complain. He barely knows ANY of us in this building, smh.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirrGordon View Post
Are you kidding me??.. He is NOT going to appeal the damn decision.. I Swear some people, misery loves company.. Must be another disgruntled, bitter landlord. He's the one that reported I paid. It was dismissed by PLAINTIFFS reques not the Commissionert! Please get up out of my topic with all of the negative crap.
And it may well be that legal counsel advised him to withdraw because a technicality would have resulted in a decision against him. He doesn't have to appeal - if that's the scenario he can simply follow proper procedure and refile.

Quote:
That he is. I don't care how many people come in here taking up for him. There is no reason why he cannot communicate better with his tenants. All he does is collect money & complain. He barely knows ANY of us in this building, smh.
As far as I can see, nobody has "taken up" for your landlord but simply tried to educate you on what paying rent on time means as you seem to be very confused about that. There is no mandate that a landlord has to "know" his tenants above and beyond their names. Landlords run a business not a social club.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:55 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Yet another case of blaming everyone else or something else for the lack of personal responsibility. It is the tenant's responsibility to pay the rent on time. The post office isn't the landlord. Pay your rent on time, get it into the hands of the landlord on time and none of this would happen.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:29 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Moving on from here, since you said your BF got a job, I would start paying earlier to ensure the money order gets to him by the first. That way you don't have to ensure any more hassles.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:35 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Unofficial Poll:
Will the OP's lease be renewed?

My position: Based on the OP's deluded belief in when rent is due, I see nothing but a problem from this tenant and would not renew the lease.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Unofficial Poll:
Will the OP's lease be renewed?

My position: Based on the OP's deluded belief in when rent is due, I see nothing but a problem from this tenant and would not renew the lease.
Barely a slim chance. And unless the rent starts getting into the LL's hand on time from hereon in, every likelihood that the OP can expect a properly executed cure or quit notice followed by a properly executed eviction notice with no forewarning. The way to avoid it is incredibly simple.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:14 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,301,680 times
Quote:
Ignore these fools. Seriously.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 03-06-2015 at 12:49 PM..

Old 03-06-2015, 06:28 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
No longer a civil conversation on topic...

Thread Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting