Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 05:48 PM

95 posts, read 81,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3_46041 View Post
The links posted earlier clearly stated that if a LL evicts the leaseholder, everybody living in the unit is evicted as well regardless of whether or not they are on the lease. If the leaseholder (the fake LL) has been evicted, then you aren't a legal resident of that property anymore.

I tell you what, I'll buy a property and you can move in with whoever rents from me. Then when I evict them and eventually lock the doors, please feel free to try to break down my door because I guarantee you would never break down another door ever again. I will gladly exercise my right to protect my property to get rid of trash like you.

Bha-ha-ha. So, you gotta resort to insults to make your point this time? Learn to read then. Start from the top. The fake LL doesn't have an "unlawful detainer" from the LL. Why? His lease is broken, he received a notice to vacate from his LL and he is willingly abandoning ship. The LL now has to deal with me and follow due process. An eviction order comes after there is a 'warrant of eviction' and if you have half a brain, you know that it can take a long time to obtain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 05:55 PM

The only two reasons I am not staying in the situation anymore is the strong possibility that the electricity (or water, or both) will be cut off come July 1rst, and my windfall with the card game...WINNNING!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:02 PM

403 posts, read 557,425 times
The LL doesn't need to file an unlawful detainer against you either. The law specifically states that "If residents A and B are living in an apartment and only A is on the lease, that if A is evicted, B is also evicted." When the fake landlord was evicted, or gets evicted if it's still in the works, you will be legally evicted as well.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
I'm pretty sure OP is trolling everyone. New poster, only thread, posts designed pretty intentionally to enrage people, writes too well for the kind of low-life that actually gets into these situations, choice of wording (hypothetical over concrete), Charlie Sheen references.....come on y'all.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I'm pretty sure OP is trolling everyone. New poster, only thread, posts designed pretty intentionally to enrage people, writes too well for the kind of low-life that actually gets into these situations, choice of wording (hypothetical over concrete), Charlie Sheen references.....come on y'all.
How am I trolling my own thread??? If you don't want me to post on this forum, then stop contributing info, or asking me Q's in this thread. Perhaps if comments like yours, or maybe some of these stupid and irrelevant posts were deleted by the mods each single time, this could be an interesting read to some people in my situation, and this forum a great resource on the WWW.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3_46041 View Post
The LL doesn't need to file an unlawful detainer against you either. The law specifically states that "If residents A and B are living in an apartment and only A is on the lease, that if A is evicted, B is also evicted." When the fake landlord was evicted, or gets evicted if it's still in the works, you will be legally evicted as well.
You simply don't get it, do you??? IF there is no UNLAWFUL DETAINER, then resident A is not being evicted. If resident B (who is not on the lease) stays in the property, then resident A has to file a holdover suit. But, the point is moot because resident A is leaving before, or at the end of the rental term of his lease, so he doesn't care about what resident B does from there on.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 06-27-2015 at 08:06 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 07:29 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogames View Post
You simply don't get it, do you??? IF there is no UNLAWFUL DETAINER, then resident A is not being evicted. If resident B (who is not on the lease) stays in the property, then resident A has to file a holdover suit. But, the point is moot because resident A is leaving before, or at the end of the rental term of his lease, so he doesn't care about what resident B does from there on.
You don't understand how evictions work at all. When I evict someone if they aren't out we go to court, really fast dates here in AZ. At the end of the court the judge gives me the paperwork I need to schedule an eviction with the sheriff, may be a different agency in your state but the process is the same. The sheriff then comes out to remove all persons and their belongings from the property, no matter who is staying in the unit, and allows me to change the locks.

In the mean time the pretend LL begins to sue you for things like his costs in court from both you and the LL suit, the additional damages because you didn't vacate, unpaid rent from the time you stopped paying him to the time you were evicted by the real landlord and any late fees, and a number of other things like the harm you caused his credit by your actions and so on. At least that is what I would do even if I wasn't supposed to have you in the unit, you willfully refused to vacate a premises you weren't supposed to be in causing his eviction which damages credit and his ability to rent in the future.

You very clearly have experience with evictions and my hat is off to you for being the worst kind of person imaginable, it really takes a special kind of clown to stoop so low and so consistently. With your experience I don't really understand how you don't know how the process works but human trash like you I guess I can't actually expect anything more.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 06-27-2015 at 08:07 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 07:38 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Your logic is Broken! You say they have to Evict you Legally that gives you 3 months Free Rent! You Win NO You Lose cause now you have an Eviction on your record & Bad cr for Not paying the rent! You LOSE cause No One will Ever rent to you again! LL WINNER! ... Now who ends up Homeless! YOU!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Your logic is Broken! You say they have to Evict you Legally that gives you 3 months Free Rent! You Win NO You Lose cause now you have an Eviction on your record & Bad cr for Not paying the rent! You LOSE cause No One will Ever rent to you again! LL WINNER! ... Now who ends up Homeless! YOU!
Nope. You are not even close, girl. Start from the top and get back to me when you get it. Not that I care about all this at this point... or have you missed the part where I said that I am not staying either?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You don't understand how evictions work at all. When I evict someone if they aren't out we go to court, really fast dates here in AZ. At the end of the court the judge gives me the paperwork I need to schedule an eviction with the sheriff, may be a different agency in your state but the process is the same. The sheriff then comes out to remove all persons and their belongings from the property, no matter who is staying in the unit, and allows me to change the locks.

In the mean time the pretend LL begins to sue you for things like his costs in court from both you and the LL suit, the additional damages because you didn't vacate, unpaid rent from the time you stopped paying him to the time you were evicted by the real landlord and any late fees, and a number of other things like the harm you caused his credit by your actions and so on. At least that is what I would do even if I wasn't supposed to have you in the unit, you willfully refused to vacate a premises you weren't supposed to be in causing his eviction which damages credit and his ability to rent in the future.

You very clearly have experience with evictions and my hat is off to you for being the worst kind of person imaginable, it really takes a special kind of clown to stoop so low and so consistently. With your experience I don't really understand how you don't know how the process works but human trash like you I guess I can't actually expect anything more.
When you "evict" someone, you are at the end of the process, not the beginning. So, saying that after evicting someone you then "go to court" it's ridiculous. If you "evicted" someone, it means that you were awarded a judgment in your favor ("a warrant of eviction"). Now you have to go with that warrant to the marshal and take possession of the premises.

Better be a "clown" who at least knows the law than to be dumber than dumb pretending to understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting