Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:49 PM

106 posts, read 223,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
The other springs don't need to be replaced unless they too are broken. Would you have demanded any springs be replaced if the one didn't break?

No. you are forgetting that the 2 individuals I called afterwards both said that since 1 was replaced with a new one, the tension is uneven. Also, theres another spring broken, its just not blatant like the one that was repaired. This particular one has a safety mechanism sticking out from underneath it and looks like it went unnoticed by me - glad it was brought to my attention

You very well should be if the repair has been made. If there was damage done to your vehicles or someone injured you have insurance. Car insurance for the vehicles and renters insurance for the people. Your insurance will fight with your landlord's insurance over the damages which is why you pay them.

you're right about the car insurance - so that gives me some relief. But I dont have renters

Don't see how this applies to this particular issue. Does the garage work or not after the repair?

Yes but see above. And the biggest issue - the arm stabs the two springs upon closing every time. I shouldn't have to explain what that could do. This is the main reason I'm contacting the LL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 11:34 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
I would not be too optimistic... for whatever reason the Landlord is unwilling to address your concerns except for the bare minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting