Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,062 times

Advertisements

Trying to see where should I start I moved here on May 15, 2015 3weeks after living here it's been nothing but he'll. My neighbors are so loud I leave from time to time just to get peace. May 28, 2015 at 5:15 am in the morning all I could hear was this loud nosy. So loud my kids woke up I'm like why are they always so nosey. So I hit up on the cell to just let them no there loud. Bout 5mins later I hear someone beating on the door like its the police. So when I open the door it's a black male with his hand balled up asking me did I have a problem. And I told him we sure do have a problem I told him that they be loud all day and night long and it's disrespectful.. He started cursing me out and the girlfriend was standing on the stairs just looking. Lord I was so pissed but go over it and just tried to deal with all there loud nosy. Weeks went by and the nosy still continue finally got tired went to the office to let them know the problem that I was having. I spoke with Mandy one of the leasing agents and she informed me that she would talk to her manager. Also talk to Nancy another lease agent she said she would talk to them about the nosy. So I just been trying to deal with this and not getting anywhere. On June 23,2015 around 4:00 pm I'm in my room cleaning and just here this loud boom!!!!!!!! So I'm walking the living room and it coming from upstairs then my daughter start calling me mom!!!!!!! So I walked to my daughter room and she's yelling Call the police he's beating her up we could here the young lady telling him to stop hitting her. They were so loud me and another neighbor called The police. It was taking them forever to come so I called again telling them to hurry it was just that bad. Overall he beat the crap out of her. The next day I went to the office I spoke with Nancy to let them know that this is inappropriate for my daughter to be hearing this she's only 12 years old. She said they would handle it and she had the nerves to asked me to email her and let her know time and dates if I see him on the property that is not my responsibility. Days later he comes back eying me down. July 27, 2015 8:00pm they were so loud up stairs my daughter hit up stairs and. Young lady came down and start Beating on my door we exchange some words and I told her not to beat on my door mins later she then came back and kick my door. It took everything to not go there with here. Overall the noise continue most of the night so around midnight I just left home. I been to the office over 10 times and I fell like there just brushing me off. I want to move before something bad happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 11:56 AM

274 posts, read 427,723 times
Paragraphs are your friend.....and punctuation.

Trying to see where should I start. I moved here on May 15, 2015, 3 weeks after living here it's been nothing but hell.

My neighbors are so loud I leave from time to time just to get peace. May 28, 2015 at 5:15 am in the morning all I could hear was this loud noise. So loud my kids woke up, I'm like why are they always so noisy. So I hit up on the ceiling to just let them know they are loud.

About 5 mins later I hear someone beating on the door like its the police. So when I open the door it's a man with his hand balled up asking me did I have a problem. And I told him we sure do have a problem! I told him that they are loud all day and night long and it's disrespectful. He started cursing me out and the girlfriend was standing on the stairs just looking.

Lord I was so pissed but so over it and just tried to deal with all their loud noise. Weeks went by and the noises still continue finally got tired went to the office to let them know the problem that I was having. I spoke with Mandy one of the leasing agents and she informed me that she would talk to her manager. Also talked to Nancy another lease agent she said she would talk to them about the noise.

So I just been trying to deal with this and not getting anywhere.

On June 23,2015 around 4:00 pm I'm in my room cleaning and just here this loud boom!!!!!!!! So I'm walking the living room and its coming from upstairs then my daughter start calling me mom!!!!!!! So I walked to my daughters room and she's yelling "Call the police he's beating her up" we could hear the young lady telling him to stop hitting her.

They were so loud me and another neighbor called The police. It was taking them forever to come so I called again telling them to hurry it was just that bad. Overall he beat the crap out of her. The next day I went to the office, I spoke with Nancy to let them know that this is inappropriate for my daughter to be hearing this she's only 12 years old. She said they would handle it and she had the nerve to asked me to email her and let her know time and dates if I see him on the property, that is not my responsibility.

Days later he comes back eyeing me down.

July 27, 2015 8:00 pm they were so loud up stairs my daughter hid upstairs and. Young lady came down and started beating on my door, we exchanged some words and I told her not to beat on my door mins later she then came back and kicked my door. It took everything to not go there with here.

Overall the noise continues most of the night so around midnight I just left home. I been to the office over 10 times and I fell like there just brushing me off. I want to move before something bad happens.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:08 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,488,883 times
First off, you aren't going to get much response with this huge run on paragraph with so many typos. It was very difficult to read or follow. Try translating to actual English and adding paragraph breaks in there and you will get more people responding.

Secondly, noise complaints are the most frequently reported type of complaints in an apartment. They are also the most difficult to deal with, as it is just a "he said, she said" deal. Your landlord wasn't in your apartment to hear the issue. It is also, at least in my state, very difficult to evict over noise issues. I was told by my attorney that it would take at least 4 months to evict over this sort of issue, and even then, we may lose. And I'm in a VERY landlord friendly state. So the landlord may have to wait until their lease is up to not renew, rather than evict.

Thirdly, since the landlord was not there to see the issue, it is totally reasonable for them to request that you send them dates and times. Without SOME sort of information, they can't even address the issue. Without it, all they can say to the neighbor is "we had noise complaints, please keep it down".

I totally sympathize, and this sounds like an unpleasant situation. But honestly, the landlord is also probably quite unhappy about the situation, but is also fairly limited on what they can do immediately. In the long term, they can refuse to renew the lease. But in the short term, they may not be able to do anything.

The next step for you would be to ask to be let out of your lease without penalty so you can move somewhere else.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:38 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
What does your lease say about noise? When it quiet time they are noisy Write it down! Office needs Written Complaints to actually do something about it. IF its so loud you feel the need to pound on the ceiling Don't call the cops! Otherwise move! Maybe the apt complex can move you to another apt.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:28 PM

6,822 posts, read 11,556,490 times
The guy comes banging on your door in a very threatening way and then later you allow your 12 year old to beat on the ceiling again? Wow.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times
It was a bit of a task trying to decipher exactly what you were saying, but I muddled through. Once I realized you were talking about noisy neighbors and not nosey, it wasn't so bad.

You really have two options here: a) break your lease and move or b) continue to call the cops, report to your landlord and deal with your neighbors banging on your door. Until you make that decision, I suggest that you (and your daughter) stop banging on the ceiling. It was obvious the FIRST time it wasn't a good idea, so why continue to do it?? And for the love of Pete...why are you opening the door when you already know the pissed off neighbor is standing there?!

When you hear him beating on her, call the cops and shoot an email to the landlord. When you're hearing noise OUTSIDE the quiet hours, call the landlord and follow up with an email.

Your office will help you if you can provide adequate documentation that can be clearly read and understood. Maybe English isn't your first language, or you really talk/write like this, but you wont' be taken seriously if you can't effectively communicate.

Last edited by Kim in FL; 08-04-2015 at 04:43 AM..

Old 08-04-2015, 06:29 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Be careful, I would not open the door if a hostile person was there I would call the police. Opening the door and arguing is a good way to get beat, shot or stabbed.

Document everything in writing, writing an email is good and you should have done it.

When you called about the guy beating the lady the police should have taken a person away, did they?

Also next time record the audio of the noise and have a camera running if you ever open the door when they are banging on itl.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:29 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,244,125 times
Stop pounding on the ceiling! This is the worst idea people have to try to deal with noise issues and VERY stupid. It lets your neighbor know you are the reason the cops got called, which is what you should be doing, not 9-1-1 but the local police. They have a right to enjoy their apartment so during the day you have to suck it up and let them live but at night you can expect quiet so call the police if the noise is bad. This is part of apartment living though and it is nearly impossible for management to enforce though if you complain enough they may let you out of your lease without penalty.

Thanks whoever broke up the mess for the OP, only way I got through it.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
The office has asked you to document the times/dates via an email. You said it wasn't your problem and won't do that. It IS your problem and the office needs to have documented dates/times to do anything further. They are not in your apartment and cannot possibly know when the noises, etc. are happening.

You have a problem. You were offered a start to a solution, and have said you won't do it. Let it continue to be your problem.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:33 PM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times
That's the troubles with apartment living...you never know what stupid a-holes are around you. Even if you move to another unit in the building, who's to say you won't have to deal with other a-holes over there?

I've lived iny my very nice, safe, quiet apt for 3 yrs now, but recently, some people have been loitering by just standing around doing nothing, laughing & talking loudly outside & on the steps to get to my apt for HOURS. Thank God they're not directly outside my place. I'm on the 2nd fl, but they're right downstairs in this open area. I know people are probably going to start calling the leasing office & complaining. I haven't done anything yet. , but if I have to, I'll make an anonymous call w/ my phone # blocked to the leasing office. Maybe a few times of that will eventually get them out.

They actually haven't been around in 1-2 days, so we'll see how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting