Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:23 PM

253 posts, read 303,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnd315 View Post
If you live in my apartment you will know how it feels like having 1 NBA player constantly practise and cry from 7 am - > 9 pm; and a rock band drummer who play the same beat 4 hours a day every afternoon.

Every weekend is a nightmare; I cant stay in my apartment without them stomping upstair. The vibration and stress get into your nerves; I always angry when im say in my apartment. You pay top money ~$2.9k+ to hear toddlers stomping your ceiling. The best part is, the kids behave that way after I talk to their mom. She looks angry and yell at me for no reason. She allows her kid jumping, running and stomping at 7-9p.m, the only time of the day I ask her to keep the kids quiet. The point im trying to say is the mother use her kids to **** me off because she knows that I can't evict her kids from making noises. That next level of childishness. Now I'm have to pay double rent to cancel the lease; I'm dying every single day until my lease over so I can move out ASAP.
Well, I mean, what do you expect? You complain about a kid behaving like a regular kid and try to demand that the kid be silent for some random hours, most parents are going to stop even trying to keep the kid as quiet as possible. What you are hearing now is probably the kid being let loose with no restrictions, playing like how he'd play in a single family home.

Apartment noise sucks for everyone. It's easier when you assume that everyone is doing the best they can. Next time you'll know to get a top level floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 02:54 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,540,448 times
Honestly, if you can't deal with apartment noise, don't live in one. If you can't afford a SFH here, then live somewhere you can. Maybe you just aren't cut out for city life, and that's ok. Not everyone has to be.

I've lived in apartments with noise coming from other units before. Unless the noise is caused by unnecessarily loud parties (or something illegal) I just find ways to cancel it out. It's not my or your place to tell neighbors that they can't do normal life activities where they live.

I've been confronted (rudely, I might add) by neighbors for, get this, using the shower. Yes, that's right. At a previous place the walls were thin and you could hear when the shower units turned on in neighboring units. That didn't bother me...it's part of city life. But damned if other people can tell me when I can and can't shower in my own shower.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:59 PM

383 posts, read 342,032 times
My Gosh! The different countries and the same troubles)) I could say only one thing - everywhere people have a problems with the nurture(( Example, i have a 2 years old child. He is very active boy but i think about my neigbors below. I laid the cover on a floor, i dress him up the shoes with the rubber-base, and finally i don`t permit my child running from 8 pm till 10 am. It happens he drop somethimg on the floor but i scold him) next time he does`n make it)

PS: Acrually there is only one real solvation - is to live at the top floor (is what i`ve done). Now i enjoy the silence.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:26 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,748,455 times
That's apartment life, there is nothing you can do about it. Moving to a top floor helps. Perhaps you can rent a townhome, which is better since you have no upstairs neighbor.

This normal activity - not drunks fighting, etc. Apartment life can be very frustrating. Hardwood floors don't help. I can hear my neighbor stomping around all the time. There is nothing I can do - he is just walking around, but the noise is amplified due to the building structure and hardwood floors.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:31 PM

540 posts, read 1,093,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnd315 View Post
If you live in my apartment you will know how it feels like having 1 NBA player constantly practise and cry from 7 am - > 9 pm; and a rock band drummer who play the same beat 4 hours a day every afternoon.

Every weekend is a nightmare; I cant stay in my apartment without them stomping upstair. The vibration and stress get into your nerves; I always angry when im say in my apartment. You pay top money ~$2.9k+ to hear toddlers stomping your ceiling. The best part is, the kids behave that way after I talk to their mom. She looks angry and yell at me for no reason. She allows her kid jumping, running and stomping at 7-9p.m, the only time of the day I ask her to keep the kids quiet. The point im trying to say is the mother use her kids to **** me off because she knows that I can't evict her kids from making noises. That next level of childishness. Now I'm have to pay double rent to cancel the lease; I'm dying every single day until my lease over so I can move out ASAP.

How many times are you going to post the same thing and expect different responses? We get it, the people above you are "loud" (at least as per your definition). As was said before, welcome to living in an apartment. Believe me, it could be far far worse.

You seriously cannot expect a baby to walk "quietly" nor should you expect silence at 7 PM. That is ridiculous.

Maybe if you had actually approached your neighbors and brought up the subject politely instead of doing passive/aggressive things like bang the ceiling and leave notes, they might be more sympathetic. But they don't care to help you out because you're coming off like an OCD a-hole.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:37 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,193 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting