Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 04:42 PM

253 posts, read 304,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Where? This is your thread in the RE forums that is nothing but helpful responses, certainly not "immediately flamed" so you need to get over yourself.

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...irst-step.html
I call someone demanding private information, in a post and in DM and then becoming aggressive when I won't give it getting flamed. Further, the insistence that I was lying about my veteran status or that I was lying about ability to get a VA loan (some commentary carried over into a different thread) is getting flamed.

Quote:
You mean this gem of a comment in the initial post? Show me one place where a landlord called you anything for asking questions.
Are you dense? YOU called me an ******* in this very thread. Your scumlord buddy claimed that having an opinion about carpet and/or wanting clean, well maintained carpet meant I was unsatisfiable, that I was unreasonable.

In my other thread, the landlords claimed they would immediately discriminate against anyone who asked them questions. Threads all over this place are called tenants insane if they so much as not want to get cancer.

Quote:
Post #6 you began calling the person's response bull, bold, and finished by insulting the OP for having carpet, also in bold. You then tried to treat your personal experience as fact, which you have done in other places as well, so I called you out on it. You want more proof your post is completely baseless here:
It's like I said. You and your cohort can't stand for people to disagree with you. Pointing out that a poster was clearly wrong seemed to enrage you you. You called me on nothing. I provided ample proof for my comments, several posters concurred.

Quote:
You have derailed several threads trying to harass people whose opinions are different than yours. How is that any different than the baseless claim you are making here?
YOU derailed this thread. I was talking about carpet, YOU have turned it into something different. YOU became combative with me. But sure, pretend it wasn't you. You're a landlord after all.

I answered the question the OP asked. There have been several threads I've posted in where others have derailed it because I guess they got their pride hurt or something. I'd take it personally, but it's perfectly clear that there is a small group of you who insist on hazing anyone who doesn't bow down to you or who correct you on something or who have different ways of doing things.

You're welcome to send me a DM if you want to continue.

Last edited by SkyeBright; 12-03-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 05:03 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Carpet should be replaced every time a new tenant comes in. Otherwise, every 5 years. Old nasty carpet is a deal breaker for me.

IRS rules classify carpet for depreciating purposes as having a 5 year life and I agree that that's about right.

I detest carpet. I much prefer vinyl flooring.
HUD Section 8 has just about eliminated all carpet in Authority owned units... most are now vinyl throughout... including bedrooms...

After years of having to replace carpet with every turn over it was determined not to be cost effective... while some do take shoes off and never eat in a carpeted room... the determination was few do this and even fewer to professional cleaning semi-annually.

A quality carpet can last just about forever... I have been to historic homes with wool carpets dating from the 1920's and wool rugs can be hundreds of years old...

I guess if the carpet is minimum FHA grade... 5 years might be average.

I would be really ticked off if the carpet in my home had only a 5 year life... Grandma's wool carpet was installed in 1964 and looks great... and yes... it is professionally cleaned every 6 months and vacuumed at least once per week and we never walked on it with outside shoes...

Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Thread Closed due to Bickering and Personal attacks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting