Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 06:10 PM

12,943 posts, read 9,556,806 times

Advertisements

If you already have located a place, then you should put your things into storage like someone already suggested. Then go to Tampa and you wouldn't have to worry about going back there. If you cant do that, take pictures of how you left everything or even video how you left everything and what's in your room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 06:28 PM

4,596 posts, read 3,249,059 times
Do you have any other friend in town? If he will keep your stuff for you, I'd say pack up and get out now. Don't put your own safety at risk. Or pack ALL your stuff in your car and bunk with a friend if possible, from today. You can find a cheap motel and stay there if you have nowhere else.

Your stuff is just "things" but your safety and peace of mind are not replaceable once they're destroyed.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:29 PM

56 posts, read 47,971 times
I may stay.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:32 PM

4,487 posts, read 3,891,828 times
I'm kinda curious how you got hooked up with this roommate.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:11 PM

Rented a room. Two professionals living in the same house. The landlord who does NOT own the house was renting rooms behind his girlfriend's back. She owns the house and comes down and finds out. Flips out. Says we can stay but the other two leave.

I stay and lucky me the landlord rents rooms to anyone. One guy left without paying rent. The other is on probation. Another an ex con.

The landlord, who stole from his girlfriends, says he doesn't judge people. By the way he is here illegally and does not have a real job.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:51 PM

13,912 posts, read 39,111,696 times
Then MOVE You Can & She will Evict Every one & it Goes on Every ones Credit Evictions can keep you from ever renting.
Not getting a place now only depends on what You been Convicted of. Not Charges. CONVICTIONS! So don't Add to the Applications No Conviction LL don't need to know. Most LL in my area only worry about Drugs & fighting things like that. Not Traffic Tickets. Cops can arrest you just for you being there IF say a Fight breaks out in a bar BUT only the DA can take you to court & Only the Jury can say Guilty! Then its on your record.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:20 AM

I am moving Katie. Take it down a notch.

I woke up this morning and found out that anything I had in the shower was taken out and placed on the bathroom counter. Other's items were not moved.

I know who it is. The landlord is claiming it is not him but it's him. This nonsense has been going on before the other tenants moved in.

The man was in prison so he has that mindset. Trying to figure out a way to get my things out and enjoy Christmas. I cannot move into my new place until the background check clears. HOA rules.

Landlord is leaving today so now I have to worry about the deadbeats who don't have jobs picking the lock or just using a knife to break the cheap wood.

Thought about trying to kill these people with kindness but throw drugs and or alcohol into the mix and all bets are off.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,375,844 times
Get a small storage unit for you valuables. Put them there in next few days before you leave for Tampa.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:00 AM

Was thinking about that. My manager at work said I could store some things at his house.

I thought about getting a restraining order against the other roommate but I don't have his last name or any real proof this he is harassing me.

I am trying to keep to calm the situation but when you are dealing with animals, it does not matter how I act. I took all of my things out of the bathroom. Guy still not happy. So he touches my personal belongings again. This has been going on for months.

The owner of the house said she wanted us all out but she's changed her mind. The ex con can have the house and pal around with other criminals. I'm getting out.

My issue is the "landlord" is leaving for a week and I will be gone for a few days. One of the tenants can easily pick the lock or just bust the door down. The landlord had to use a butter knife to open a locked door once. Basically just sawed away at the wood.

Again, dealing with an ex con and a guy on probation who claims he was in the military and now suffers from PTSD.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,413,544 times
I would not be in that situation another second. I'd be packing up now and leaving today. I'd put my stuff in storage and stay in a hotel for awhile if I had to before I would deal with this for another second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting