Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 07:41 PM

403 posts, read 472,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
A change of ownership always comes with inspections... looking for things that need to be repaired, dated items, etc.

Also can be a check on housekeeping.

Just so you know... a sale is not grounds everywhere to terminate or non-renew.
I know that because 10 years ago a private owner sold the building and when the new owners took over they just raised the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 11:42 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Rent Raises come at the End of your current lease. & around here to get decent housing you need to look ASAP & get on Wait lists! LL usually know who they are going to renew & who they are not well in advance & can give you an idea when they will have a apt around the time you need to move. Now would be a good time to get rid of stuff you don't want or need.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:40 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by te3t View Post
I come home today and it's a note on the door saying all apartments will be inspecting tomorrow but it didn't state why. Do you know why that maybe and what type of things they will be looking for? thanks

This is common and happens all the time. It could be the lender, the insurance company or the buyer. The why doesn't matter..just be ready for their visit. That doesn't mean your unit has to be spotless, but do clean it up (if need be).

Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Rent Raises come at the End of your current lease. & around here to get decent housing you need to look ASAP & get on Wait lists! LL usually know who they are going to renew & who they are not well in advance & can give you an idea when they will have a apt around the time you need to move. Now would be a good time to get rid of stuff you don't want or need.
I saw a place that is perfect which is around the corner but I'm not sure if it's too earlysince I would not be moving until June 1st

Old 01-20-2016, 11:47 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
I saw a place that is perfect which is around the corner but I'm not sure if it's too earlysince I would not be moving until June 1st

Check into it now though, as least a preliminary look.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
This is common and happens all the time. It could be the lender, the insurance company or the buyer. The why doesn't matter..just be ready for their visit. That doesn't mean your unit has to be spotless, but do clean it up (if need be).
Would I be able to leave a couple of months sooner since my lease is not being renewed? I just don't want to mess around with this too long and want to know where I'm living after May by April1st. Thanks

Old 02-02-2016, 01:01 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Would I be able to leave a couple of months sooner since my lease is not being renewed? I just don't want to mess around with this too long and want to know where I'm living after May by April1st. Thanks

More than likely you'd still be responsible for rent through 5/31. Check with management if they would be willing to let you out early. They may have reasons for wanting you out sooner. Wouldn't hurt to ask them

Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:

Read your early termination clause that's in your lease and talk to your landlord.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:37 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
More than likely you'd still be responsible for rent through 5/31. Check with management if they would be willing to let you out early. They may have reasons for wanting you out sooner. Wouldn't hurt to ask them
Since they are tearing it down and need an empty building they may well let you out early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting