Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 PM

12 posts, read 15,369 times

Advertisements

I moved into my current house Sep 2015, but through the 5 months, i found my roommate is really a dirty guy, he puts the shoes, socks,pants, boxes from amazon everywhere in the living room, also another roommate and i have told him to clean the oven after cooking, but he never did that, so our oven is full of oil. We have cleaned several times for him ,but once we finished cleaning it ,he will make the oven oil the next day.
I live with another roommate in the rooms upstair, i have a dog, so before we living together, we made an agreement that we keep the pet in our own bedroom,since the guy has a cat. However, my roommate had let his cat alone several times in the living area( i need to walk my dog everyday, so need to walk through the living area, the cat and dog will fight once they meet each other, so i hope he could keep the cat in the room or stay with the cat if he he wants to let the cat out).
This afternoon ,we three sit together and wanted for a meeting in terms of the pet and house cleaning. But the guy said sear words to me after i told him that we hope he could clean the oven today or tomorrow.
I don not want to live with such an ******* anymore. Can i move out the house right now, i didn't sign a lease with the landlord,just pay the deposit.I don't think i can get back the deposit even i live there until the end of the lease, the cat scratched the furniture in the living area, and the oven is a mess even i cleaned it this afternoon. If i move, will i be in any trouble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 09:15 PM

8,149 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennycoo View Post
I moved into my current house Sep 2015, but through the 5 months, i found my roommate is really a dirty guy, he puts the shoes, socks,pants, boxes from amazon everywhere in the living room, also another roommate and i have told him to clean the oven after cooking, but he never did that, so our oven is full of oil. We have cleaned several times for him ,but once we finished cleaning it ,he will make the oven oil the next day.
I live with another roommate in the rooms upstair, i have a dog, so before we living together, we made an agreement that we keep the pet in our own bedroom,since the guy has a cat. However, my roommate had let his cat alone several times in the living area( i need to walk my dog everyday, so need to walk through the living area, the cat and dog will fight once they meet each other, so i hope he could keep the cat in the room or stay with the cat if he he wants to let the cat out).
This afternoon ,we three sit together and wanted for a meeting in terms of the pet and house cleaning. But the guy said sear words to me after i told him that we hope he could clean the oven today or tomorrow.
I don not want to live with such an ******* anymore. Can i move out the house right now, i didn't sign a lease with the landlord,just pay the deposit.I don't think i can get back the deposit even i live there until the end of the lease, the cat scratched the furniture in the living area, and the oven is a mess even i cleaned it this afternoon. If i move, will i be in any trouble?
Does that mean none of the 3 of you siged a lease; or is the roomate you dislike the person who signed the lease with the Landlord and he is responsible for the property? Either way, 30 days notice to the Landlord or this roommate if he is responsible for the lease. That is the fair thing to do.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:19 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,837,410 times
Usually you need to give a written 30 day notice to vacate. What state do you live in?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Does that mean none of the 3 of you siged a lease; or is the roomate you dislike the person who signed the lease with the Landlord and he is responsible for the property? Either way, 30 days notice to the Landlord or this roommate if he is responsible for the lease. That is the fair thing to do.
The other two roommates signed the lease. I subleased the room from the guy ought to live with them at first. So i just need to notice them 30 days before i move out,and don't need to be response for the lease?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Usually you need to give a written 30 day notice to vacate. What state do you live in?
I live in Iowa.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:45 PM

Did you sign a sublease agreement? If so, when does it expire?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Did you sign a sublease agreement? If so, when does it expire?
No,i didn't sign any paper documents.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Then you only need to give a 30 day notice. Under Iowa law, you need to give the notice that coincides with your rental term. That means that if rent is due on the first on the month and you gave notice tomorrow, that notice does not take effect until March 1st. You move out date would be March 31st and you would still owe rent for the entire month of March.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:23 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,990,305 times
Last question, do you pay rent monthly, weekly, every 2 weeks, daily?

Old 02-02-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Last question, do you pay rent monthly, weekly, every 2 weeks, daily?
I pay my rent last day of every month. Like i pay jan 31st for the rent of Feb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting