Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 04:34 PM

19 posts, read 20,720 times

Advertisements

I did a scheduled walk through of a rental and there was a heavy scent of dogs in the house. I do allow outside dogs, but have made it very clear that dogs should not be in the house. Now I didn't see any dogs in the house, it was just a heavy odor. What are my options here and any links to TExas rental code would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 08:33 PM

418 posts, read 742,252 times
I personally don't think dogs should be allowed to be outside-only dogs. Shame on you.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:40 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
3 tenant issue threads in your first 3 days of memebership? Starting to feel like trolling a bit

Old 03-06-2016, 07:15 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Can you not just google texas rental code yourself instead of asking us to do your google work for you?

Old 03-06-2016, 08:47 AM

19 posts, read 20,720 times
glossa- I am trying to protect my rental property, it has hard wood floors. I was raised on outside dogs only. Shame on you for judging me.

lowexpectations- I have several rental properties and only ask for help when I feel I need it. Why when someone needs help with issues all the sudden he is trolling? I did a google search for 'landlord forum'. Maybe I'm at the wrong place for help.

texas7 - Sorry for asking for help on this forum from people I ASSUMED were better informed than me and probably had bookmarks to 'legal codes' to address the sort of issues I'm facing. You are absolutely right. I've always said that if I want something done right I have to do it myself. That continues.

Not sure why a man that works a full-time job, saves his money, buys rental properties, works hard to get them rent ready, TRULY BELIEVES he is helping people that otherwise can't rent a house, gets BASHED by what he thought would be helpful landlords that have probably been there, done that.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:10 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLordLu View Post
glossa- I am trying to protect my rental property, it has hard wood floors. I was raised on outside dogs only. Shame on you for judging me.

lowexpectations- I have several rental properties and only ask for help when I feel I need it. Why when someone needs help with issues all the sudden he is trolling? I did a google search for 'landlord forum'. Maybe I'm at the wrong place for help.

texas7 - Sorry for asking for help on this forum from people I ASSUMED were better informed than me and probably had bookmarks to 'legal codes' to address the sort of issues I'm facing. You are absolutely right. I've always said that if I want something done right I have to do it myself. That continues.

Not sure why a man that works a full-time job, saves his money, buys rental properties, works hard to get them rent ready, TRULY BELIEVES he is helping people that otherwise can't rent a house, gets BASHED by what he thought would be helpful landlords that have probably been there, done that.

You only post when you have issues but you've had 3 separate issues in the first 3 days you are a member? It simply seems off

Old 03-06-2016, 09:20 AM

15,433 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLordLu View Post

You can google "Texas property code" as easily as the rest of us.

We used to have three dogs (small, medium, and large) and hardwoods. It wasn't a problem. We now have a small dog, and it still isn't a problem.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:23 AM
ptt

497 posts, read 637,279 times
"Not sure why a man that works a full-time job, saves his money, buys rental properties, works hard to get them rent ready, TRULY BELIEVES he is helping people that otherwise can't rent a house, gets BASHED by what he thought would be helpful landlords that have probably been there, done that."

As a landlord myself i do not think i am in it to help people I am in it as a part of my retirement plan. All my tenants are professional, rarely any problem from any of them. We fix things when asked in a timely manner.

For pet issues, we are considering cats and small dogs in or out I don't care the tenants paid pet fee. If my floor is ruin because of it I 'll charge them accordingly. That's why I required 1rt month rent, last month rent and one month deposit. All of our tenants got their deposit back so far.

Last edited by ptt; 03-06-2016 at 10:10 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 09:40 AM

270 posts, read 406,013 times
You'll probably find the renting forum in the real estate section a little more appropriate for your questions (just remember that it's not specific to Texas if you get into detailed questions on tenant/landlord law).

//www.city-data.com/forum/renting/

Texas rental code along with every other state is linked in the very first sticky in that forum. You will get far better answers from the crowd over there if you read it first and reference it.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:37 PM

811 posts, read 1,556,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
I personally don't think dogs should be allowed to be outside-only dogs. Shame on you.
Agree, especially in the Texas heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting