Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 10:49 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
A) It's your fault for not having a savings account or emergency fund. You should have at least 2-3 yrs worth of living expenses easily available if God forbid you need it. It's not a new concept...I bet people had savings accounts when you were out of work. Not paying your bills from the hospital is not an excuse unless you're in a coma, but that's why you a POA who can do these things.

B) You've purposely kept yourself below the poverty level in order to ward off your creditors...look where your choices got you?

I've asked this numerous times and you have yet to have answered...what are you doing about your future?

Do you really expect someone living at minimum wage with student loan payments to have 2-3 years worth of living expenses? Shouldn't paying the rent on time come first?

The most I've made in a year is $17K so it's not like I turned off the earning pipe - I've always made low wages even all those years I was paying everything on time.

Right now I'm in the process of deciding what program to pursue when I go back to school this summer or fall.

As soon as I can start selling I'll be paying down debt. If I wanted to walk away from my debt I would have done BK 15 years ago when I could have done so - at that time I could have even gotten rid of my student loan debt. I'm going to get at least ONE of my debts paid off, because I have something to prove to all you naysayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 10:51 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Actually you Cant declare BK on Student Loans.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Do you really expect someone living at minimum wage with student loan payments to have 2-3 years worth of living expenses? Shouldn't paying the rent on time come first?

The most I've made in a year is $17K so it's not like I turned off the earning pipe - I've always made low wages even all those years I was paying everything on time.

Right now I'm in the process of deciding what program to pursue when I go back to school this summer or fall.

As soon as I can start selling I'll be paying down debt. If I wanted to walk away from my debt I would have done BK 15 years ago when I could have done so - at that time I could have even gotten rid of my student loan debt. I'm going to get at least ONE of my debts paid off, because I have something to prove to all you naysayers.
I make over $70,000.00 a year as a "meter maid". My husband make close to $100,000,.00 a year as a customs broker at JFK. Neither of us have ever gone to college. Your lack of schooling is not an excuse for anything but your laziness to pursue other employment opportunities.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:59 AM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
I make over $70,000.00 a year as a "meter maid".
Talk about over kill and part of the reason the government is so out of whack and in debt. A "Meter Maid" job is worth $20,000.00 a year tops! Heck most teachers make less than you do and to figure you have to ticket more people to be able to earn that living... thats just sad IMHO!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:21 PM

Meter Maid Salary in 2015, 2016 in New York - Salary History and Expected Salary Range in 2012-2016

I for one Don't Believe it!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:31 PM

First of all...I work in Nassau County...not NYC. Second, I've been on the job for over 30 years. Third, I'm in a union. Fourth, I'm also a code enforcement officer when I'm not giving out tickets.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
First of all...I work in Nassau County...not NYC. Second, I've been on the job for over 30 years. Third, I'm in a union. Fourth, I'm also a code enforcement officer when I'm not giving out tickets.
Was I Talking to you NO! Was I talking about You NO!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Was I Talking to you NO! Was I talking about You NO!

What???

Old 05-01-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Talk about over kill and part of the reason the government is so out of whack and in debt. A "Meter Maid" job is worth $20,000.00 a year tops! Heck most teachers make less than you do and to figure you have to ticket more people to be able to earn that living... thats just sad IMHO!

FYI...my sister in law is a teacher in Oceanside Ny and makes over $120,000.00 a year.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:43 PM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
Quote:

Fifth its still way too much money, and sixth its all due to it being a union job, which is all you needed to say... But I'll add again its still way too much money IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting