Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 03:26 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,388,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt View Post
I am doing a business not a charity. I will and can spend my money on whatever i want. if you do not like LL buy your own place.

Then tell government to stop preventing poor people from buying property they can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
All you need to do is buy an apartment building and become a landlord yourself. Then you can become a greedy landlord leeching off the backs of hardworking people too!

Okay, wise one. I've asked myself, How can poor people buy an apartment building and become a landlord themselves? How about 1,000 individuals pool $1,000 each, now they have $1 million for a down payment.

What exactly could a group of 1,000 individuals buy with a $1 million down payment?

Old 04-19-2016, 03:36 PM

13,916 posts, read 39,191,951 times
freemkt
Not sure what Property Rules you are talking about? We have Zoning around here Then there are people that Sell Land & make up their own rules on Home size etc. But there is also Lots of Unrestricted Property out there for reasonable prices. You just have to look. IF they not in your area Look some where else. You can Flip Hamburgers Any where in the USA I know people that buy the land & live in camper while the build. Last year there was a Lady on the local Facebook sales sight begging people to give money to a Homeless couple. Turned out the Land they were camped on was Theirs! They were living in an old van while 100 yards away their new home was being built! They were noticed cause the guys they hire moved campers in to live while they Built the home! So everyone assumed the whole bunch was homeless.

You started this thread Did you get your answer? I know it went off topic a bit.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Okay, wise one. I've asked myself, How can poor people buy an apartment building and become a landlord themselves? How about 1,000 individuals pool $1,000 each, now they have $1 million for a down payment.

What exactly could a group of 1,000 individuals buy with a $1 million down payment?
Then they fight over whos responsible to upkeep

Old 04-19-2016, 03:44 PM

IF you paying that much of your income in rent & each place you have Roomed at for the past 10 years is worse than the last place then YOU doing some thing Wrong. Most likely you picking City with Rental Beyond your means. My son Flipped hamburgers for 10 years & Managed to Buy a Home. Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 story house in the center of town walking distance to jobs.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
freemkt
Not sure what Property Rules you are talking about? We have Zoning around here Then there are people that Sell Land & make up their own rules on Home size etc. But there is also Lots of Unrestricted Property out there for reasonable prices. You just have to look. IF they not in your area Look some where else. You can Flip Hamburgers Any where in the USA I know people that buy the land & live in camper while the build. Last year there was a Lady on the local Facebook sales sight begging people to give money to a Homeless couple. Turned out the Land they were camped on was Theirs! They were living in an old van while 100 yards away their new home was being built! They were noticed cause the guys they hire moved campers in to live while they Built the home! So everyone assumed the whole bunch was homeless.

You started this thread Did you get your answer? I know it went off topic a bit.

Minimum Lot size requirements put affordability our of reach for many. Since I have no car and no license to drive, all those unrestricted rural areas are no use to me.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Then they fight over whos responsible to upkeep

obviously an organized group of 1,000 would have a decision-making structure which would delegate tasks and hire as needed.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:49 PM

That why my son bought his home in Town. No License by choice. He want to be able to get around be it bus or walking.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:50 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,822,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Property rules are rigged to prevent poor people generally from buying themselves a place. Read your local zoning code and tell us how a poor person would buy their own place. The property rules enable landlords by ensuring a pool of people who cannot buy and therefore MUST rent or go homeless (which poses its own legal risks).

Oh please....a poor person can not buy because of bad choices they made in life and/or for the simple fact that they can not afford to buy. It has NOTHING to do with zoning laws.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:51 PM

Do you even Have a Building with 1000 apts in it in the area you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting