Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:28 PM

762 posts, read 610,746 times

Advertisements

Just seems like you made an effort beyond just doing a quick phone call to verify. You must have a good memory. Just didn't seem like the appropriate time or appropriate place to ask IMO but others will probably disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 09:34 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Well, when the Doc was having problems with contractor last year he asked me for help...

You really can't verify a letter by phone... almost impossible to reach any Doctor directly and without at least a copy to present... what would be the point?

I'm an engineer by training and profession... it is in my nature to verify and in 35 years of property management I have heard a lot of stories...

I mostly do commercial property now and it is like a breath of fresh air... it is a simple, straightforward business to business transaction...

The minute anything with a bed is rented the tables are turned... it was not always like this... certainly not when I started... I also have, Business License, Gross Receipts Tax, Unit Registration, Rent Control and Just Cause Eviction in my primary area... recently, the city passed a moratorium on all residential rent increases...

My two page rental agreement is now 29 pages with all the required local, state and federal disclosures mandates...

Those with complexes are stuck... those with single family homes and duplexes are getting out of the rental business like never before in my area.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:44 PM

You just call the office and usually a nurse assistant or secretary (depending on if it's a clinic or hospital of course) will answer and can look it up on their database or take your message and get back to you when they have verified it. The odds are you wouldn't be speaking directly to the doctor but someone who works with the doctor who verifies with them who then verifies with you.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:45 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
You just call the office and usually a nurse assistant or secretary (depending on if it's a clinic or hospital of course) will answer and can look it up on their database or take your message and get back to you when they have verified it. The odds are you wouldn't be speaking directly to the doctor but someone who works with the doctor who verifies with them who then verifies with you.
Not my Doctor! The Apt mgr called him he came to my apt to SEE what Katie my SD could do for me. & what I trained her to do HAD to Coincidence With my Disabilities. Not just be a bunch of Tricks! He came at 830 am & when the Apt mgr came in at 9 am he marched right into the office & showed her his ID & signed ALL the Papers.

I think he been tricked into signing "paper" or SD that Were Not SD. He was not going to be tricked again.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Not my Doctor! The Apt mgr called him he came to my apt to SEE what Katie my SD could do for me. & what I trained her to do HAD to Coincidence With my Disabilities. Not just be a bunch of Tricks! He came at 830 am & when the Apt mgr came in at 9 am he marched right into the office & showed her his ID & signed ALL the Papers.

I think he been tricked into signing "paper" or SD that Were Not SD. He was not going to be tricked again.
Service dog is not the same as emotional support dog.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:01 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
The ONLY Dr that can sign off on a ESA is a Psychologists. HUD don't even Recognize ESA Most are just Untrained Pets. The way HUD sees them ALL Pets are ESA anyway. So unless the animal is TRAINED to Do something for the person its just a pet.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Getting a doctors letter for an emotional support dog is as easy as going to Google-
https://www.google.ca/#q=doctor%27s+...al+support+dog

Now all you need is the emotional support dog vest, whats your color choice?=
https://www.google.ca/#q=emotional+support+dog+vest

Now you are all set to bring your little fur-ball where ever you go.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:17 AM

Psychiatrists, psychologists, or licensed therapists are the only ones who can sign off which can you the "pass" when renting. I don't think acupuncturists (which I think too is pushing it..) or even an internal medicine doctor can sign off on it.

Jambo, an ESA is not required to wear a vest. Mine doesn't.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:02 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
Psychiatrists, psychologists, or licensed therapists are the only ones who can sign off which can you the "pass" when renting. I don't think acupuncturists (which I think too is pushing it..) or even an internal medicine doctor can sign off on it.

Jambo, an ESA is not required to wear a vest. Mine doesn't.
Service dogs aren't required to wear a vest, either. The people I know who have service dogs generally don't have them wear vests (one is deaf, one is blind, and one has brittle diabetes & cardiac issues). The vest is more to keep handsy strangers away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting