Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,552 times

Advertisements

It states clearly on my lease that no pets are allowed in the building and this weekend which is my 3rd weekend in the apartment I heard some odd noises last night. It was around 2am and the noises I was hearing sounded like pet noises and I was saying to myself that can't be the case because the lease says no pets. Plus as I was walking around the corner yesterday I saw a cat in someone's window as I was walking past their apartment. So I am thinking either someone is sneaking a pet inside the building or the lease is not accurate. I plan to call the rental office tomorrow because the noises I was hearing over my head was similar to when I lived in a building with pets.

So just wondering if anyone ever heard of someone sneaking a pet inside their apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 07:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
I'd stay out of it unless it affects you personally. You don't know, could be a therapy pet.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:35 PM

195 posts, read 216,614 times
People will sneak in pets but it really isn't any of your concern.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:36 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,053,918 times
Your lease says no pets. You don't know what other people's leases say.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-HomeGirl View Post
People will sneak in pets but it really isn't any of your concern.
I think it is if I am unable to sleep between 1am and 7am in the morning.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
Your lease says no pets. You don't know what other people's leases say.
But wouldn't it say the same thing if we all live in the same building? It clearly states "No pets are allowed in the building"

Old 06-19-2016, 07:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,805,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
So just wondering if anyone ever heard of someone sneaking a pet inside their apartment?
More than once. I've seen people sneaking too MANY pets in as well.

Unless the pets are bothering you somehow (noise, allergies, etc) I wouldn't bother reporting it. It really just hurts the pets, as they usually end up in shelters.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
More than once. I've seen people sneaking too MANY pets in as well.

Unless the pets are bothering you somehow (noise, allergies, etc) I wouldn't bother reporting it. It really just hurts the pets, as they usually end up in shelters.
I am going to call the rental office tomorrow and let them know that I was unable to sleep between 1am to 7am if I hear the same thing tonight during that time. I am know what human noise sounds like and I know what pet noise sound like so if I have to keep calling and complaining it will be found out eventually if that is the case. I am not into banging on the ceiling or knocking on anyone's door anymore and would just rather contact the rental office.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:36 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,235,146 times
If the noise is keeping you up then call the police and file a noise complaint. It could be a pet or it could be people, muffled through a wall or floor you don't know what it was. You can call the office but it could be so many things that they might not be able to do much about it.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:28 AM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
I am going to call the rental office tomorrow and let them know that I was unable to sleep between 1am to 7am if I hear the same thing tonight during that time. I am know what human noise sounds like and I know what pet noise sound like so if I have to keep calling and complaining it will be found out eventually if that is the case. I am not into banging on the ceiling or knocking on anyone's door anymore and would just rather contact the rental office.
Don't just call. You need to write to document your complaints. (PS be prepared for upstairs neighbors who say you're hearing things.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting