Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times

Advertisements

This isn't a blog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:02 PM

439 posts, read 516,530 times
So, I contacted landlady, why is this door locked? That makes no sense for one tenant to be able to lock another tenant out of the common area - esp. when one isn't truly "locked out" anyway - I just have to walk around, it's just silliness. Also, why does other tenant bother/harrass me at 11:57pm, over something so minor? Write a note like a normal person!! We have "quiet hours" as part of our lease.

Plus, these two notes left by the other tenant are grotesque. "I am mad"

Here is my two roommate notes.

roommate notes - Album on Imgur

You see my writing "Remember to water flower beds for neighbors" on the pink note.

When I showed the pink note to my friend, she said, "Show it to your landlord. You can tell by the note that she's nuts."

Old 07-17-2016, 10:20 PM

439 posts, read 516,530 times
addendum: when I posted this on IMGUR (I don't know what I'm doing...I thought only I could see the images, but I guess other people can read them) someone posted GLHF. New acronym. "Good Luck, Have Fun." That about sums it up...

Old 07-17-2016, 11:42 PM

422 posts, read 574,378 times
Not only are you borderline insane, you're obviously NOT meant to live in close proximity to others. Even if you get your own apartment, you sound like the kinda person who would have issues with noise from people above or next to you. You need to buy a house, or you will continue this insanity.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:39 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
You both are acting like children.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:57 AM

983 posts, read 1,180,099 times
I read this thread whenever I need a good laugh !

It has always delivered

Old 07-18-2016, 01:04 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Just move out as soon as you can. Moving doesn't cost that much money when everything is located in one room. Is it the deposit/first month rent that you are having issues with or the cost of moving your personal items?

Isn't it worth your sanity to move? You sound very unhappy in the current rental situation. You said you are overpaying rent at your current place, so you will have a cost savings by moving to a cheaper place. Maybe find a small 1 bedroom or a studio apartment?

You roommate is a problem and wants to control everything. For now(until you move) get a few boxes or a cheap storage cabinet(or storage bins) from Target and store your pots/pans and pantry items in your room.

In the mean time, NO MORE CONTACTING the landlord about child-like spats. You sound like a 7 year old that is running to mamma. Grow up and start acting like an adult. I bet your landlord is in complete shock over the immature emails coming from you. Yeah - the landlord is responding professionally. But trust me, the landlord feels that your emails are childish and immature (no matter what the other tenant is doing wrong). The other tenant is just as bad as you. Move away from that other tenant else you will have constant turmoil.
I agree.

Seriously....I get that this is a sh-t storm, but if I was the LL I'd evict you both.

Also, if she is moving your stuff, take video, much better than emailing a whiny letter...send the video.

Your writing style is very immature with all your lol's and petty asides, and going on, then coming back to different scenarios. It's like a written version of histrionics.

I think you need to be factual, not personal and it will help the LL determine the true culprit and she will have factual grounds to evict the trouble maker.

For example, I placed my kitchen utensils in my half of the designated cupboards and returned after work to find that roommate and her adult daughter had placed all my items on the kitchen floor. Send that text with pic of your items on the floor. Same thing when u clean...take pics of their destruction.

Honestly, read your posts and be honest...it has made you both look bad. It looks like you are getting a thrill out of this, instead of raising above it. I'd be spending every moment looking for somewhere else to live.

Last edited by JanND; 07-18-2016 at 01:16 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 01:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburned_in_seattle View Post

When I showed the pink note to my friend, she said, "Show it to your landlord. You can tell by the note that she's nuts."
Honestly, your posts here aren't exactly a testimony for mental health.

You're both making assumptions and behaving badly. Just go back and read post #5. Then do it. Seriously.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:01 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Why didn't you buy some plastic storage bins and store your cans/pots/pans in your bedroom? I mean, you're renting a ROOM. Keep your stuff in your room and only take it to the kitchen when you are cooking/eating/cleaning. Return the stuff to your room unless it needs to be in the fridge.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
I'm just wondering if the situation has gotten any better in the last couple of weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting