Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times

Advertisements

I dont want to be in my apartment or outside and have to see your junk hanging all out....Im allowed that choice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,760,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I dont want to be in my apartment or outside and have to see your junk hanging all out....Im allowed that choice as well.
So don't look?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
So don't look?
dont walk around naked where i can see it.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
dont walk around naked where i can see it.
I don't walk naked, but i'm not the one looking into people's windows either.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:44 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
Quote:
I don't walk naked, but i'm not the one looking into people's windows either.
So you should be free to do whatever you want in front of your huge, wide open window that anyone in the neighborhood passing by can see?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
So you should be free to do whatever you want in front of your huge, wide open window that anyone in the neighborhood passing by can see?
Why not? I don't walk around naked, but if i'm in my home, i do what i want as long as it is not hurting anyone else.
(typed as I sit next to my huge open window in my living room)

Old 08-03-2016, 09:17 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
Quote:
Why not? I don't walk around naked, but if i'm in my home, i do what i want as long as it is not hurting anyone else.
(typed as I sit next to my huge open window in my living room)
Well, for one, it's against the law to walk around naked by an open window.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebesaraus View Post
I live in San Diego, and it is common for my husband and I to occasionally walk around our apartment in the nude or a robe, and when we are on our balcony we either have robes on, or I will have shorts and a sports bra and him, minimum, shorts. We live on the second floor and usually have the curtains open as we like to have the natural light in the apartment (especially not to waste electricity). We have been doing this for the past 2 years without any complaint. Recently we received an email from our apartment manager stating we were not allowed to do this and we need to "dress more appropriately" asking us to "put more clothes on" or have our curtains closed at ALL times.

I understand that on the balcony there needs to be some sort of clothes on, but I am usually wearing more then people do at the pool (yes, there is one in my apartment building and have seen people walking around in a lot less then my sports bra and shorts). But can they really tell me how I need to dress INSIDE my own apartment? And, am I not wearing enough clothes on my balcony? Am I in the wrong here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
If your curtains are open and your nudity can be seen by others, that is a crime. Don't want to be accused of indecent exposure, do you? Obviously someone saw and complained.
Give this some thought. If you continue and are arrested for indecent exposure, you may also be required to register as a sex offender for life.
Close your damn drapes.
ETA There are nudist resorts all over So. Cal. join one

Old 08-03-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Well, for one, it's against the law to walk around naked by an open window.
That's not what you asked me.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,837,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebesaraus View Post
I live in San Diego, and it is common for my husband and I to occasionally walk around our apartment in the nude or a robe, and when we are on our balcony we either have robes on, or I will have shorts and a sports bra and him, minimum, shorts. We live on the second floor and usually have the curtains open as we like to have the natural light in the apartment (especially not to waste electricity). We have been doing this for the past 2 years without any complaint. Recently we received an email from our apartment manager stating we were not allowed to do this and we need to "dress more appropriately" asking us to "put more clothes on" or have our curtains closed at ALL times.

I understand that on the balcony there needs to be some sort of clothes on, but I am usually wearing more then people do at the pool (yes, there is one in my apartment building and have seen people walking around in a lot less then my sports bra and shorts). But can they really tell me how I need to dress INSIDE my own apartment? And, am I not wearing enough clothes on my balcony? Am I in the wrong here?

lolololol. As a landlord, I would like to explain something to you. It's not your apartment. It is the landlords and he or she sets the terms for you to live there. Every day I get someone who tries to debate why I don't allow pit bulls or 8 semi trucks parked on the lawn of one of my rentals. The landlord sets the rules, and you prancing around half naked for all to see is not OK. I would evict you in a heart beat to remind you who's apartment it is and to wish you good luck finding an apartment with an eviction on your record. No way I would try to debate it with you as you don't seem to get it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting