Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:01 PM

324 posts, read 271,372 times

Advertisements

Since you say you like the light from the windows there an easy fix.

Get sheer curtain panels, keep them under the heavy curtains as a secondition closed layer..... they let in the light and blur the people and items from the outside. Easy fix then you can continue to do as you wish indoors.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:16 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Well, for one, it's against the law to walk around naked by an open window.
here the cops will want to know why your looking in someones windows. some states it is legal for women to go topless in public the gf will go topless inside someone called the cops yea the cops came. and let us know there was a peeping tom. they looke long enough to give the pattern of the work out shorts she had on and describe he large back tattoo. the cop said she broke no laws even she was to have been full buck. the caller got a fine. the cops just wanted to let us know there was a perv next door. so not always aganst the law unless your standing in the window touch one self. then yea that one may be against the law.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:05 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,516,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
If your curtains are open and your nudity can be seen by others, that is a crime.
This is categorically false in most jurisdictions.

There are a lot of judgmental posts here, for what is essentially a legal question; many of them full of really bad information and people just assuming that whatever their personal world views are count as legal advice.

The laws will vary from place to place (there is no federal law that covers this), but broadly speaking, in most jurisdictions, you are totally free to be nude in your own home, blinds and windows open, as long as you are not being lewd or graphic with the intention of being viewed by others or of arousing others.

So essentially, if you're topless in your kitchen making breakfast and someone walking past can see in, that's totally fine. However, if you're looking to stand next to the window and put on a sex show, that's a different story.

Your landlord cannot tell you what to wear, or to wear anything at all. He can tell you that there have been complaints from neighbors, and he can request you alter your behavior. You are free to do so or not. Your landlord's recourse is to not renew your lease.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Short and simple. If you are disturbing the other tenants, I'll kick you out. Legal has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to have my other tenants move out because you enjoy being an exhibitionist. (or own a barking dog, or smoke dope, or beat your wife, or throw loud parties, or any other behavior that causes a lot of complaints from my other tenants.) I get too many complaints about your behavior and out you go.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 PM

13,928 posts, read 39,306,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Short and simple. If you are disturbing the other tenants, I'll kick you out. Legal has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to have my other tenants move out because you enjoy being an exhibitionist. (or own a barking dog, or smoke dope, or beat your wife, or throw loud parties, or any other behavior that causes a lot of complaints from my other tenants.) I get too many complaints about your behavior and out you go.
I agree My Apt Mgr has evicted several for other tenant complaints.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:15 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
So for those of you who walk around naked in your homes: do you sit on your furniture without clothes on? Do you cook naked?

This is bringing back memories of Charlotte and her new husband on Sex and the City when he wanted to sit on her expensive white couch with no clothes on.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:23 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,525,563 times
It's illegal if you are doing it where you can be seen by neighbors.
Op..Close your drapes.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
If your curtains are open and your nudity can be seen by others, that is a crime. Don't want to be accused of indecent exposure, do you? Obviously someone saw and complained.
is it really a crime?

Old 08-06-2016, 08:26 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It's illegal if you are doing it where you can be seen by neighbors.
Op..Close your drapes.
it might be legal in some states.

The naked neighbor next door isn't breaking the law

Old 08-07-2016, 11:03 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,193,051 times
atleast have some respect for yourselves and close the blinds. but if you dress like normal people when your out of the unit then i would not see any problems with it as long as you close your blinds.. do you want every peeping tom out there watching you guys with there go pro cams let alone taking a chance of uploading on the internets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting