Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 05:12 PM

17,262 posts, read 21,998,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I had one lady with a THICK accent playing twenty questions with me about price, bedrooms, etc. even though it was all in the listing. I just hung up on her. Some people are just too dumb to waste time on, and this one one that had IDIOT stamped on her forehead.
Ever consider the woman with the thick accent couldn't read English?

Old 08-05-2016, 05:14 PM

17,262 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
E

But maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to take the advice of Katie and listen to child molesting felons with bad credit, civil judgments from past landlords, etc. while I am in the top 3% of income earners in the country. I suspect she is a renter...and probably not a college graduate. And probably not a high income earner...
You sound just like Donald Trump here!

Old 08-05-2016, 05:16 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
HUH??? Did you bother to READ the 1st post I Posted? You just Latched on to the 1. & formed an opinion about ALL. WOW

Huh what? WOW what? Yeah I read your first post. Here it is. You're sitting here telling us all these people gave up these high paying jobs to go work menial jobs. Come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
You would be surprised How many College Grads are working at McD and other Min Wage jobs.
Actually I probably wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure there are plenty of art, history, underwater basket weaving etc majors who can't get a job doing anything more than working at McD or Starbucks or whatever.

It maybe Wise of you to listen to them instead of putting them down.

Why? Why should I? Because they have a degree? You think a degree is needed to make money or be taken seriously? I personally make more money than some people with degrees. That's just on my regular job. I'm not counting ANY other income. So why or what exactly would be wise of me to lisen to them?
I'm not putting anyone down. I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR JOB IS. What I do care about is if you can pass my requirements AND gave the finances to pay the rent. And unless your friends can prove that huge income from rentals they aren't qualifying with a job from a coffee shop or McDee or handyman .

My gf son works at a Coffee shop he has several college degrees. My gf 4th job choice in her life was working at McDs Her 1st choice was 20 years as an RN in a ER.

So a registered nurse making about 90k a year (average) chose to work at a coffee shop making what? 20-25k if she's really hot and has a ton of tips? Hopefully she works in a really busy coffee shop. You can't seriously expect me to believe that she gave up a high paying job to go wait tables.

She also was a LL & rented out several homes.

Ok.

Another friend was physiatrists for 10 years before she went to work a Walmart. She too rents out several homes. Her DH quit working to become Handiman after being a Accountant for years.

Wow all these benevolent people giving up their well paying jobs to go do menial work at Walmart and peoples houses. Thats pretty nice.

Maybe you really should learn to listen

No. Maybe I should just keep doing what I am doing. And that's not quitting my 80k a year job (On a slow year) to go work at a coffee house or Walmart or to be a handyman.

I would love to meet someone who gives up a 80-120k a year job to go work for 20-30k a year.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 08-05-2016 at 05:25 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 05:19 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
I had someone today email asking to see a house. We explained back that we have photos on the web, and we recommend people drive by first. But then they need to turn in an application first, because we only show occupied houses to prequalified applicants. We won't just take any Joe in who asks, because we would be invading the current tenant 20 or 30 times, which is a waste of everyone's time. But we only charge a processing fee to the person we sign with, no application fee if we don't.

The guy responded back indignantly that that was unreasonable and he wasn't filling out paperwork without seeing the house first. I politely invited him to move along, because that is our policy on all occupied houses. There are always more applicants, so if someone doesn't want abide by our rules, we'll go to the next one.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:48 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ever consider the woman with the thick accent couldn't read English?
So she can read my phone number but not the rent amount? Guess you didn't think that far did you...

Also, Google Translate. Ever heard of it? Or should I hold her hand with that too, translate the lease into Mandarin and wipe her butt for her too? Guess you can't figure out I'm running a business, not an Obama immigration center for the illiterate and inept.

Last edited by Tac-Sea; 08-05-2016 at 07:05 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 07:02 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I had someone today email asking to see a house. We explained back that we have photos on the web, and we recommend people drive by first. But then they need to turn in an application first, because we only show occupied houses to prequalified applicants. We won't just take any Joe in who asks, because we would be invading the current tenant 20 or 30 times, which is a waste of everyone's time. But we only charge a processing fee to the person we sign with, no application fee if we don't.

The guy responded back indignantly that that was unreasonable and he wasn't filling out paperwork without seeing the house first. I politely invited him to move along, because that is our policy on all occupied houses. There are always more applicants, so if someone doesn't want abide by our rules, we'll go to the next one.
I actually like that. Gonna have to borrow that one. Yeah, I had some real geniuses yesterday show up and even though my listing says at the top and bottom no dogs, no exceptions, and I screen for that in email conversations, these idiots (3 room mates) show up and tell me they have a Pit Bull and it's a "Service Dog". I asked for a letter from the Doctor proving that they she has a disability and that the dog is necessary for the disability. You can imagine their little "it's a service dog" scam didn't go far. The moron guy even had the audacity to argue with me. No surprise that they made $10 an hour each...I almost wanted to tell the moron while he was arguing with me I pay more in taxes than the three of them gross in a year and I prefer not to waste my time arguing with people who just don't get it.

But who am I to judge. I should take advice from deadbeat morons with felony records, civil judgments from past landlords according to Katie1, even though I'm still getting rep comments calling her out for the absurd advice.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:24 PM

175 posts, read 226,192 times
Quote:
It would be wise to listen to a child molester with multiple civil judgments against them, a 480 credit score, making minimum wage at a BBQ joint, when I make 154K a year from my job, well over 200K with the rentals, not counting unrealized capital gains (closer to 350K combined), with a college degree???: rolleyes:
My income is far higher than yours and I don't have to deal with tenants. So I guess I WIN WIN WIN?!

Or to put it in terms you'd understand:

Old 08-05-2016, 08:51 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
OP i'm looking for an apartment soon do you allow dogs?

Old 08-05-2016, 10:33 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Yeah, most renters are low income losers. Not all, but most..........
I don't actually think that is true. Plenty of decent people are tenants. Average of 35% of the population rents.

The issue comes when there is a vacancy. The great tenants already have a place and they aren't moving. The tenants who are out looking for a place to rent are looking because they are being evicted, or else they have something bad on their record so no landlord wants to rent to them, so they go around and around, applying at every vacancy.

Just because I can get 100 hopefuls that no sane landlord would rent to, that doesn't mean it is the majority of tenants. My area has approximately 38% of the residents renting. Population is over 80,000 people. So if there are 30,400 tenants, the 100 tenants that apply to me are a very small drop in the tenant pool.

I know there are decent tenants, because I sort through applicants until I find them.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:40 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Quote:
Engel curve. Past a certain income, about 70K a year, renting is an inferior good. Most people who rent are lower income and that is for a reason. Most people who own are higher income. 50% of the people in my primary residence neighborhood have a Bachelors degree and 93% are home owners. Not a ton of renters in a 700+K neighborhood....

But maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to take the advice of Katie and listen to child molesting felons with bad credit, civil judgments from past landlords, etc. while I am in the top 3% of income earners in the country. I suspect she is a renter...and probably not a college graduate. And probably not a high income earner...
Just like a LL Lay the blame at some one elses feet. Since I NEVER said a thing about Child Molesters. You seem hung up on them perhaps you Are a Child Molester.... Would Not surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting