Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:54 AM

19,456 posts, read 27,911,953 times

Advertisements

The landlords were right to decline him. //www.city-data.com/forum/perso...i-get-not.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 07:20 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,858,168 times
at $1000, you dont have enough income to rent.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM

75 posts, read 60,185 times
I'm sorry, but I don't think you will find an apartment with such budget. Roommate can your best bet in this case. Take into consideration that you should spend between 30 -35% of your net income overall on rent and utilities. So it's $300-$350.
If you fail to convince a landlord that you can pay rent, find a cosigner. It could be your relative, friend etc., but they should have a good credit.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:05 AM

619 posts, read 577,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTK View Post
Okay I do apologize cause I snapped but that's not normally how I'm like. I just increased my t dosage and I know it makes my mood slightly unpredictable at times, basic things i normally ignore **** me off faster. Like now I'm fine reading the stuff posted, at the time I was pissed for nothing. Sorry again.

Now there are places that have rent for under $400, but those are student apartments. I'm a little out of luck there obviously.

I have a gym membership solely for the purpose of keeping said temper under control. That's something I can't give up. It's helped me so far. It helps me stay calm and collected and keep myself relaxed. Keeps my anger in check and obviously I think you can tell that's something i need.

To the person who said I'm like this looking, funny. I'm very polite to them. I need a house, not an enemy.

My payments with the university have been situated.

Now I know I need to find another job. I honestly thought making twice was enough. My issue is hours. Hopefully I can find a job that'll take me for just nights alone
Good luck to you. It's not a easy starting out in the real world, and it sounds like you have additional challenges that are making things harder for you. But as they say, it is what it is, and you need to make the best of the situation. Coming from a 50something perspective, it's smart to put education /career training first, because that will make a difference in the long run. So it may be less comfortable now for a few years but will straighten out soon. (o unfortunately made stupid choices in my early 20s and now that retirement age is looming, I'm feeling immensely pressured and stressed).

Anyway, to add more work hours, how about working at your gym? other options for people who want to and can work nights include 24/7 pharmacies, hotels (reception or housekeeping), supermarket (restocking) etc.

Good luck. You've been given a lot of good advice here. Hope things work out for you

Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,031,115 times
Try looking for an Extended Stay America near you. It's a hotel chain that focuses on, well, extended stays. Unlike many extended stay hotels, this chain doesn't *normally* seem to attract the live-in druggie type...more of the live-in, working in construction in the area type.

I know because my husband and I travel cross-country several times a year. We do overnights in a lot of cities all over the country and aren't looking to spend a lot of money...we are just looking for a place to lay our heads down that is cheap, clean and safe.

In *most* cases, Extended Stay America has fit the bill. They have little kitchenettes in their rooms and stuff like that.

Try staying somewhere like there for a little while until you can get your money up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting