Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 47,485 times

Advertisements

I just recently moved into a 4 family house w 3 apt units , my con ed bill arrived I noticed I was charged for gas and electricity whereas the gas and water included in the rent. I pay only electricity , I called the landlord he stated yes I'm a new homeowner didn't know that gas for the hot water tank for your unit is connected to boiler. Now I was really confused I stated well when I get the bill will tack off amount for gas charges from the rent, he stated I rather you send me copy of bill and I will reimburse you, I agreed to keep the peace then he said well you know I'm not going to pay all the gas bill, because you use gas to cook I said I'm rarely home and I don't cook always at boyfriends home then I asked how will you be able to know how much gas I used for cooking if it's all included he stated I'll call my lawyer, find a way I said what does your lawyer know it's impossible to determine just reimburse me or I have to take this further he said no, on top of that there is only one thermostat for all 3 units in the house so I am not able to control heat for my apt???? Please answer help and the thermostat is outside my unit located on the second floor of the house i have no access to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 11:39 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
If your lease says gas is included, then that's all you need. Don't argue about any other issues such as how much you cook. Those aren't relevant. If you're month-to-month, start looking for another place, because you have a bad landlord who is going to be looking for ways to nickle and dime you forever, and will probably soon raise your rent. If you have a year lease, plan to move out at the end of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting