Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:20 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullingmyhairout View Post
wrong I still have my housing the cats have nothing to do with it and I can pay my part of the rent
Hey, it's been 2 weeks. Since you are back, give us an update. What has happened? Has the landlord given proof of what the amount is for? Have you been in IN PERSON to talk to your section 8 rep and dispute the charges?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 04:04 PM

539 posts, read 567,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullingmyhairout View Post
wrong I still have my housing the cats have nothing to do with it and I can pay my part of the rent
K. So what was the point of this thread then? I thought you couldn't pay your portion, you couldn't figure out what he's charging you an absurd amount for, you had to move but couldn't because of that darn landlord, who was putting you out yet forcing you to stay at the same time.

Those darn landlords, eh? Lol

Old 12-16-2016, 05:57 PM

525 posts, read 660,711 times
Punctuation. Those help make sentences.

Paragraphs, they help words from being a single rambling block of brain diarrhea.

People on the internet are not automatically aware of the specifics of your lease or circumstances. You need to explain that, with punctuation and paragraphs.
Nothing in writing means nothing can be proven. On either side.

You can either pay the damages, or prove you didn't cause the damages or be held responsible for the damages. And you should be aware that there is an offset for depreciation on things like carpeting. In other words, if the carpet is 7 years old (which it could be because you lived there that long) and that is the "lifetime" of the carpet (carpets have 5 year, 7 year, 10 year life), the landlord cannot charge for replacement. HOWEVER, cat urine can soak through carpet and permanently damage subflooring that might require remediation or replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting