Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Hey how's your valuable stash of collectible magazines? You've had months to turn that into serious cash. Have you? That could get you into a better place!

Stash is still sitting. The good news is that selling prices on eBay continue to increase, so they might actually be appreciating in value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 06:51 PM

539 posts, read 566,736 times
Hahahahaha! I can't believe you're over 40! I'm half your age, and this whole time I thought you were this whiner who's giving a horrible rep for my age group! Nope, it's worse than I thought.

Stop complaining. It's your fault you're living like this.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:31 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Stash is still sitting. The good news is that selling prices on eBay continue to increase, so they might actually be appreciating in value.
No, there is no good news about a stash of items that you are paying $1000's a year to store.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:59 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
No, there is no good news about a stash of items that you are paying $1000's a year to store.
But the value goes up by at LEAST ten dollars per year total!

Old 04-07-2017, 04:16 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,757,399 times
No screaming baby discount. No one is forcing you to lived in a shared wall situation. You can always move.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:07 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
No screaming baby discount. No one is forcing you to lived in a shared wall situation. You can always move.

If demand exceeds supply, on what basis do you say "You can always move."?

In a game of musical chairs, where the number of chairs is repeatedly reduced, can one always move to a different chair?

Apparently some businesses offer a "screaming baby discount":

They gave customers what they called "the screaming baby discount."

http://www.fodors.com/community/cari...and-advice.cfm

LOL! Did you get the screaming baby discount at the grocery store?
Our Krogers not only opened up a lane just for us and provided two people to unload/load the cart, but they took $5 off of my bill. I think it was a bribe to keep DD out until she gets over her grocery store issues.

https://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sh...31#post1425031

Old 04-07-2017, 10:57 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:

In a game of musical chairs, where the number of chairs is repeatedly reduced, can one always move to a different chair?

BVI Tips and Advice | Caribbean Islands Forum | Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Our Krogers not only opened up a lane just for us and provided two people to unload/load the cart, but they took $5 off of my bill. I think it was a bribe to keep DD out until she gets over her grocery store issues.

The long and short of all your complaints is that, if you're going to be a low wage worker all your life, you simply need to leave the high cost area you're in now (Oregon?) and move to somewhere like where I live more amenable to low wage workers.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:58 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,621 times
Quote:
In the zoo in which I live - a small 3BR / 1BA house (one-story, no basement, just a crawl space) with 11 current occupants - we have a new arrival. The proud mom lives in the house intermittently with her boyfriend (the person to whom we pay rent - not to be confused with the absentee owner/landlord - is her father) and apparently she owns a condo in the area, splitting her time between the two homes.

She had been away for six months, and her return was expected, while the newborn in tow was not.

So now in addition to the usual zoo life, there is a screaming baby in the overcrowded house.

Is a rent discount appropriate in a situation like this?
Yes, there is a new person in the house.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:21 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The long and short of all your complaints is that, if you're going to be a low wage worker all your life, you simply need to leave the high cost area you're in now (Oregon?) and move to somewhere like where I live more amenable to low wage workers.
That and considering getting a day job. Being an Ebay! vendor is generally a side gig for most people.

There are indeed people who will refuse to live anywhere but a prestigious metro regardless of their income. You see such people like a coffee barista literally renting a closet in someones apartment just so they can live in Manhattan. Those people are a lot braver than me. Rocking the boat being one incident away from being homeless on the mean streets of a major metro is indeed very scary to me.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:06 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,757,399 times
Quote:

BVI Tips and Advice | Caribbean Islands Forum | Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Again. No one is forcing you to live there, so move. Move to another state, i don't really care.

Truth be told, i'd probably take the baby over your whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting