Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,015 times

Advertisements

my neighbors live on the outer side of a corner of a L shaped street. They come down the street and keep going to pull up in front of their house. This means they park at a 90 degree angle to the curb. This can't be legal right? Some times they have 2 or three cars parked this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 10:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Contact the owner of the home, the HOA or the Police.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:41 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,106 times
Call the non emergency number for your police department.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:47 AM

26 posts, read 52,651 times
call a tow truck :P

Old 04-05-2017, 04:39 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Is this affecting you in some way? Is it blocking access to your driveway or parking spot? Does in impede your ability to drive in our out of your street?

If you answer no to any or all of these questions, then you need to mind your business.

If you answer yes to one or all, then call your landlord, HOA, but don't bother the police..it's private property and they won't do anything about it

Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Is this affecting you in some way? Is it blocking access to your driveway or parking spot? Does in impede your ability to drive in our out of your street?

If you answer no to any or all of these questions, then you need to mind your business.

If you answer yes to one or all, then call your landlord, HOA, but don't bother the police..it's private property and they won't do anything about it
I believe you misread the post, the way I read it this is on a public street. The people are parking perpendicular to the curb, and I have never heard of that being legal anywhere. Someone does this from time to time on the inside of a curb on my street but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. Same thing goes for the neighbor who puts up homemade no parking signs in front of his house on the Fourth of July which draws a lot of fireworks traffic to the neighborhood.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:37 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockswife85 View Post
my neighbors live on the outer side of a corner of a L shaped street. They come down the street and keep going to pull up in front of their house. This means they park at a 90 degree angle to the curb. This can't be legal right? Some times they have 2 or three cars parked this way.
I could see one car as being parallel to one of the streets (since it's an L) if it's close enough to that curb, but parking several cars that way turns the inside of the L into a parking lot.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:44 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I believe you misread the post, the way I read it this is on a public street. The people are parking perpendicular to the curb, and I have never heard of that being legal anywhere. Someone does this from time to time on the inside of a curb on my street but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. Same thing goes for the neighbor who puts up homemade no parking signs in front of his house on the Fourth of July which draws a lot of fireworks traffic to the neighborhood.

For some reason I was assuming it was private community..not a residential neighborhood. If it's a residential neighborhood, and not a deed restricted or HOA community, then the police will do something.

I too would put up signs to stop people from parking in my yard...you can't block street parking, but you can block yard parking.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:50 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
For some reason I was assuming it was private community..not a residential neighborhood. If it's a residential neighborhood, and not a deed restricted or HOA community, then the police will do something.

I too would put up signs to stop people from parking in my yard...you can't block street parking, but you can block yard parking.
I'm not referring to yard parking, is that even a thing? No, this person in my neighborhood puts up signs trying to prevent people from parking on the street in front of his house.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
I'm gonna need a diagram or pic lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting