Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:14 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times

Advertisements

Also, can you put a little bistro table inside that L by the front door, instead of using that dining space for dining? You might have to use it for living space and put a tall, skinny bistro table inside that nook by the kitchen.

I have one like this table and the stools fit under it. I love it. Have had it for years. Originally bought it from Target, I think. It's just plain espresso stained wood. But, this is the shape. Rectangular and thin with stools that fit underneath:

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/3pi...FccjgQodbcUMng
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 08:15 AM

26 posts, read 52,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Face it with the wall angle. The angle is less noticeable at the narrower end. Put a chair at the right end . You could do the same with a small chair at the left arm but the idea is the more the sofa is toward the upper end of the floor plan, the less the slant will look.
I think I like this idea! I wasn't sure if I should work with the angled wall or to put the couch straight on. Thank you for this!!!!

Quote:
If your dining table is round it will fit the dining room space better and also will flow with the slant of the sofa.

I haven't gotten a dining table yet and I was thinking of a rectangle one but the round one sounds okay too.

There isn't a counter, it's a wall that's separating the kitchen and living room.

Quote:
What kind of building is this? Why the slanted wall?

This is a really old building, it's shaped like a Y and I'm in the corner apartment of where the two \ / meet.

Thanks for all your help

Old 04-07-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I can't tell from the drawing, is the wall actually at an odd angle, or is it that you have vaulted ceilings that creates a none rectangular wall?

If it's vaulted ceilings, since there are still windows and a door at the lowest point, it doesn't seem like the ceiling would be low enough to cause any sort of problem.

I live on the top floor of my apartment, and so I have vaulted ceiling in the living room. The lowest point is 8 ft high, and I would say the peak is about 11 or 12 feet high. I just treat them like normal walls.
The ceilings are normal 9 ft, not slanted, the one wall in the living room is just obtuse or "angled"

Old 04-07-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Can you add measurements to your drawing?

I had to downsize to loveseats at one place because there was no good place for a long couch. But, without measurements, can't tell what will fit.
This is a layout I drew out myself because the building management wasn't able to provide me with one or the measurements I think a normal couch will fit and possibly an accent chair.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:03 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,505,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
lol i think we have different definitions of crisis
I'd rep you again, if I could! I was thinking the same

OP, sounds like you've gotten some good advice. I've had apartments and houses with way more difficult layouts and odd pockets of empty space. Enjoy your new place.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
OP, sounds like you've gotten some good advice. I've had apartments and houses with way more difficult layouts and odd pockets of empty space. Enjoy your new place.
Thank you! I'm hoping it all goes well with the move!

Old 04-10-2017, 12:19 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times
There is a free app called Icovia Room Planner which allows you to map out your room in exact measurements and then play around with placing furniture in it. Furniture companies sometimes offer it on their site.

Here is one link to it: Room Planner | west elm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting