Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,689,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Not everyone has the "drive" that is required to get a decent job assuming they are enough in the first place.
That is their own problem, not an excuse to live off the system forever. If the money went away, I'm pretty sure they'd find some drive.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:02 AM

937 posts, read 691,062 times
Quote:
You are seriously making this argument in a thread where the OP is openly trying to scam the system?!
The "argument" was in response to your post, not the OP, hence the use of the 'quote' function.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 AM

539 posts, read 561,012 times
Well, this escalated quickly.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 AM

That's what happens when these crybaby Republicans come in and start their whining about helping the less fortunate claiming everything is their fault.

He apparently didn't read the link I supplied.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:18 PM

539 posts, read 561,012 times
Quote:
That's what happens when these crybaby Republicans come in and start their whining about helping the less fortunate claiming everything is their fault.

He apparently didn't read the link I supplied.
I have to say, i think of myself as democrat, and I'm under the poverty level. I agree that the assisntance isn't allocated correctly. And extremely abused. Im not on state assistance, my tax money is going to people MORE fortunate than me. Im upset about it. And it IS their own fault, not being able to afford their own basic needs. I can do it, so can everyone else.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:06 PM

There will always be ones at BOTH ends of the spectrum that 'cheat' the system. Unfortunately there's less of a chance the ones at the top end get caught. Especially at the VERY top.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:55 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,397,321 times
Quote:
There will always be ones at BOTH ends of the spectrum that 'cheat' the system. Unfortunately there's less of a chance the ones at the top end get caught. Especially at the VERY top.
I have anointed you Captain Obvious poster of the day. Congrats!

Old 05-22-2017, 03:39 PM

13,052 posts, read 20,708,179 times
Quote:
The term "welfare" went out in the a couple of decades ago being replaced by Public Assistance.
Call it what you want to make it more palatable and socially acceptable, but, the bottom line is that those taking government money to live are Welfare Recipients.

Quote:
Not everyone has the "drive" that is required to get a decent job assuming they are enough in the first place.
So they need to learn to live under the overpass and eat out of trash cans. If they don't have the drive to succeeded, why should we pay them to be lazy garbage mooching off society? We don't need welfare rats, we need productive humans contributing to society. If they don't have the drive to be a contributing member of society, maybe what we should be spending our tax dollars on is euthanizing them.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:02 AM

903 posts, read 854,949 times
Quote:
Provide the list and when will you be sending me the "entitlement" check as I never receive any in my lifetime???

I'll clue you in since you appear to be clueless inspite of how & when you grew up. Not everyone has the "drive" that is required to get a decent job assuming they are enough in the first place. If everyone did have those requirements, I hate to tell you there aren't.

You don't even know what you don't know, straw man.

Bruce,

The phrase "your entitlement" doesn't refer to a physical thing. It's referencing a state of mind. As for the phrase "straw man", it is not an insult. It alludes to you trying to prove your point by arguing a topic unrelated to the discussion at hand.

I'd be willing to bet that if all benefits were removed from those with the ability to work, most folks would suddenly find the ambition and drive to support themselves and the children they chose to bring into this world.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
So they need to learn to live under the overpass and eat out of trash cans. If they don't have the drive to succeeded, why should we pay them to be lazy garbage mooching off society? We don't need welfare rats, we need productive humans contributing to society. If they don't have the drive to be a contributing member of society, maybe what we should be spending our tax dollars on is euthanizing them.
That is about as pathetic as one can get. I doubt even your 'Dictator' would stoop that low. The only one that should be "euthanized" is you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
As for the phrase "straw man", it is not an insult. It alludes to you trying to prove your point by arguing a topic unrelated to the discussion at hand.
Where in the world did that come from? Like one would know that especially since I see no connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting