Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:43 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,128,882 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe that you don't understand your LL's position. Move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 06:28 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,659,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lushomatic78 View Post
So sorry to waste your time with my my "one time wonder". Perhaps what is trivial or unimportant to you means something to another. I simply needed to hear some first hand experiences or knowledge. Did your mother not teach you that if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, say nothing at all.
And you have gotten that.

The constructive advice is that if you want to resolve this conflict, you must choose to either accept your LL's restrictions or move. If you don't choose, and continue to insist that you can defy your LL on this, your situation will worsen.

There is no fairy godmother who can compel your LL to accept your BF. Life is like this sometimes - you can't get what you really want, so you have to make a difficult decision.

Step up to the plate and make it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 06-07-2017 at 06:38 AM..

Old 06-07-2017, 06:44 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,568,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
What's with all the 1 post wonders in this forum lately with bizarre stories?
I've been wondering that, too. Is it a way to drive up readership and entice people to post?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:08 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,447,287 times
Quote:
So sorry to waste your time with my my "one time wonder". Perhaps what is trivial or unimportant to you means something to another. I simply needed to hear some first hand experiences or knowledge. Did your mother not teach you that if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, say nothing at all.
If you came here only looking for what you wanted to hear, why come here at all? Just because you didn't like the answers doesn't mean people are wrong.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:23 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,501,321 times
Quote:
I've wondered the same thing, not only here, but on another forum I visit.

Just googled and found this:

The Full Moon for June 2017 will be on the early morning on June 9th in the United States and later in the afternoon for Europe.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:35 PM

13,103 posts, read 20,817,422 times
Quote:
At one point my boyfriend and I were involved in a domestic violence issue. We went through legal issues he served some time he did his court appointed programs successfully and we have worked through our issues and we have had no issues since
If the domestic violence occurred on the property and the police were involved, your landlord has the right to ban him from the property. There is no time limit to that ban. Once you have been notified that he is banned from the property, if you allow him to be on the property, your landlord can move to evict you.

Fair, maybe not, but it's just the way the laws were written to protect DF victims. In the long run, these laws have help far more victims than the rare inconvenience to the abuser.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:13 PM

22,647 posts, read 36,619,551 times
Some people can't get out of their own way.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:43 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,411,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
You just go over to the boyfriend's house to visit. There is no reason for him to visit at your place and to cause trouble for you.
This!

Old 06-08-2017, 05:45 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,176,606 times
Quote:
Lately?!

Sometimes I think the writers of those court tv shows come on here to test their material.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:52 AM

4 posts, read 2,403 times
All states are different but where I am it depends on if the boyfriend and you had a domestic violence dispute at the rental property. I have a rental property where a tenants girlfriend became violent so she is not allowed on the property. Our lease is pretty clear about my rights regarding that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting